Q. I am having kidney stone and it has not expelled even after taking medicine. Why?

Dr. Sandip Pramanik
Published on Oct 30, 2019

I have a 5 mm kidney stone in my left lower ureter, which has been there for almost a month now. But it is not expelled despite using Neeri and Urimax and Tamsukem plus. There is only a slight pain, but frequent urination feel and pressure in the penis. As per the ultrasound, there was a stone in the left upper ureter, which moved to lower ureter. But for the past four weeks, it has not shown much progress and seems to be stuck. It has not reached the urinary bladder junction yet. Please suggest the best way out.

#

I have seen your scan reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Your history, symptoms, and CT (computed tomography) scan shows that you have a left lower ureteric stone, and the stone is causing upstream dilatation. Medical expulsive therapy has failed. Hence you must undergo URSL (ureteroscopic lithotripsy). It is microsurgery for ureteric stone. Do not worry. It is a safe operation with a very high success rate. Medical expulsive therapy with Tamsulosin can maximally be done for four weeks. You have exceeded that limit. And you have dilatation of left kidney and ureter. So consult your local urologist and go for URSL. You will be all right in 24 hours.

URSL.

How to clear kidney stones?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a kidney stone in my right kidney and I have abdominal pain. Is there any medicine to clear out the stone or is the operation the only way? Please help me.  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know the full details of your kidney stone like stone size, location, etc., to advise the treatment. So, please send full detail and the test report of your kidney stone disease. Revert back with full detail and test report to a urologist online --> https://...  Read Full