Q. Can UTI cause only left sided abdominal pain and burning sensation on urination?

Answered by Dr. Raja Ramesh and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Urinary Tract Infection or Uti? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am an 18 year old girl, I am having left abdominal pain and burning sensation on urinating. I did an ultrasound, but it was normal, and no renal stones were found. After few days, I started having pain from the back till the bladder, vomiting, and weakness. So, I got admitted, and they gave me painkiller injections, IV fluids, tablet Levofloxacin 500, tablet Flavoxate, tablet Pantop, and tablet Voveran. I am not discharged still, and I have pain. The doctor diagnosed it as urinary tract infection. Is it really UTI?