Q. I get recurrent kidney stones with stomach pain. Kindly advise.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

I have many health problems. My gallbladder was removed two years back and now I feel pain in the left as well as right side of the stomach below ribs. I am also suffering from repeated kidney stones at the left side and also in my both arms, I feel some bulges sort of thing. Please suggest what test I need to do and which specialist I should consult.

Do you have a question on Kidney Stones or Stomach Pain?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

MBBS ., MD

You are suffering from vitamin D deficiency which may cause hypocalcemia and bone pain. Also, mainly present like ribs pain and back pain, spontaneous rib fractures. Other possibilities are like postcholecystectomy syndrome. Use tablet Pantoprazole before breakfast for one week. Use Capsule C Rise D3 60k once a week for six weeks. If symptoms are not improved, please consult your physician. He will examine and treat you accordingly. Take care.

How can kidney stones be detected?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old, fairly healthy female. I have been suffering from kidney stones since the age of 15. Mostly the stones would go away on their own without causing any pain. But in the last seven to eight months, I had been suffering from recurrent UTIs and mild pain in the kidney. Aro...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have got stone problem so early and since you are a recurrent kidney stone former, you need a thorough evaluation to prevent further stone episodes. You should collect the stone you pass in urine and do FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared) spectroscopy analysis ...  Read Full »

I get stomach pain whenever I eat. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor, Last week, I took an Albendazole tablet for worms. This week, I had a burger. From yesterday, my stomach is upset. If I eat any food, my stomach begins to hurt. I am unable to eat anything, and this is causing me to feel bloated. My urine appears dark yellow and my lips are very dry. P...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This appears to be a case of acidity and gastritis, precipitated by oily and spicy food. You should avoid fatty, oily and spicy diet. Take a walk after your meal, instead of taking rest.¬†Have multiple small meals instead of heavy meals. Have regular sleep habits and a...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now