Q. What is my sonography report of kidney showing?

Dr. Sandip Pramanik
Published on Dec 02, 2019

Please interpret the sonography report.

#

You have a stone in left kidney, lower calyx, 8.9 mm stone (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Go for serum creatinine test and you have to undergo CECT KUB and CT urogram as well to come to a conclusion regarding diagnosis and further planning. Make sure to get a CT urogram done. Accordingly we will plan further management.

| 

Is there any serious issue?

#

Kidney stone needs treatment. 8.9 mm stone is not a small stone. It is of moderate size. Hence do a CT urogram and inform me. I will guide you. Or else consult with your local urologist.

| 

I consulted urologist who suggested test X-ray KUB test CBC, kidney function test. I have attached reports here. In blood examination, creatinine level came at 1, last two years it was 0.80. Everything else in blood were elevated WBC and RBC, what is the option for me to get rid from this stone and creatinine reverse 0.80 if I get rid from this stone. Shock wave lithotripsy and other surgery have injured my kidney.

#

Your creatinine is within normal limits (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need to do either a CT Urogram or IVU. I need the film or photograph of the CT plate or IVU plate (not the report). I need to read the film to get into a conclusive diagnosis and further management plan. Please upload your X-ray KUB film at least. And one more thing. Do not get upset. Your disease has got several treatment options. You need not bring down your creatinine to 0.8 as both are within normal limits. 0.8 or 1.0 does not make any difference. Please do a CT urogram or IVU and inform me. Further management plan will depend upon these reports. At least upload the X-ray KUB. I can give some idea regarding management by seeing that X-ray plate.

| 

I have attached X-ray photocopy.

#

You have a left sided lower polar kidney stone. Please get one IVU or CT urogram done. I have suggested this on the very first day. We have to know the exact calyceal positikn of this renal stone. Then we can comment about the treatment options. However, by seeing this X-ray, I guess you will need either PCNL or RIRS. ESWL will not work in lower calyceal stone.

| 

How can kidney stones be detected?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old, fairly healthy female. I have been suffering from kidney stones since the age of 15. Mostly the stones would go away on their own without causing any pain. But in the last seven to eight months, I had been suffering from recurrent UTIs and mild pain in the kidney. Aro...  Read Full »

What is your opinion about kidney stones problem existing more than two years?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having kidney stones. Multiple calculi are seen in both kidneys. These kidney stones are there for the past two years, which were smaller in size and were two, and now the number has further increased. I am currently on himalya tablets, Neeri Syrup. I have attached the lab report...  Read Full »

I am having medullary sponge kidney calcification. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, Flank pain about nine weeks. Medullary sponge kidney calcification of kidney, past lung pneumothorax four times. Sinusitis surgery six times. No urine or blood infection. Normal kidney function. Chest pain sometimes. Fatigue, diarrhea only morning. Initial signs of clubbing. Currently...  Read Full »