Q. Am I suffering from Klinefelter syndrome?

Answered by
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 21, 2017

Hello doctor,

I am an 18 year old, who weighs 95 kg, and I am obese. I have small testicles and penis. My testosterone level is 7.8. The test was done at 9 AM. I have very less body hair, little hair on my legs, and a lot of pubic hair. I have less beard growth and no hair in the armpits. I am concerned that I am suffering from KS because I have many obese friends, who have a lot of body hair and they have normal physical attributes. Even then, I have less development than them. Please help me because I am suffering from constant emotional and sociological breakdown. Just in case you wanted to know, I masturbate once daily, but the semen is quite less in amount. The amount has stayed the same from the onset of my puberty. I am attaching all my test reports.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • I just read your query and saw your detailed reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and from the history that you mentioned, it does seem that you might be possibly having Klinefelter syndrome but, there are some tests which are not confirming your diagnosis of KS. They are as follows:
  1. Your LH (luteinizing hormone) is not raised as should be in KS.
  2. Your FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) is also not raised as should be in KS.
  3. Testosterone is slightly decreased.
  • The reasons are:
  1. Could be a mixed mosaic of KS.
  2. Hypothalamic or pituitary hypogonadism.
  • All these tests are not enough to reach a proper diagnosis. So, I suggest you get the following tests done:
  1. Repeat your testosterone again one more time in the morning.
  2. Sex hormone-binding globulin test.
  3. Inhibin B test.
  4. Anti-Mullerian hormone test.
  5. Scrotal ultrasound.
  6. Semen analysis.
  7. Chromosomal karyotyping.
  • After we have a confirmation of your diagnosis, we can begin your treatment.

Hope you find my advice of some benefit. Good luck.

Revert with more information to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

Was this answer helpful?


Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Can you please help me interpret my NT scan report?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44-year-old female. After my three miscarriages, I am 13 weeks pregnant now with IVF treatment. I have got my NT scan with double marker blood test. The results are as follows: Biochemical Trisomy 22 risk: 1:249, combined Trisomy 21 risk. Using NT & Other parameters: 1:946...  Read Full »

I cannot understand my semen analysis report. Please explain.

Query: Hello doctor,The semen analysis report is in my hand, but I cannot understand it.Liquefaction time- 30 minutes.Duration of abstinence- four days.Appearance- creamy white.Volume 4.0 ml.Ph 8Fructose- Present.Motility- 100.Spermatozoa- rapid 20%, slow 10%, non-progressive motility 5%, immotile 83%.Vita...  Read Full »

Would my low sperm count have an adverse effect on IVF and ICSI?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old male with a low sperm count of 1.9 million. My blood work shows that I have a high FSH. Our doctor highly suggested that I get genetic testing done before we proceed with an IVF or an ICSI. I would like to know why he would suggest that.  Read Full »

Also Read

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Endocrinologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.