Q. I suffer from noisy knees with painful joints. What to do?

Dr. C Elanchezhian
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I have noisy knees with painful joints.

#

In all the joints, there is presence of joint fluid and cartilage end. When the fluid becomes dry due to age, then joint friction is heard during the bending moment. Sometimes joint cartilage becomes rough and again crackling sound is heard.

How to make my joint stronger? Sometimes, I have weakness in my joints and muscles. I supposed to be fit.

#

I will revert back soon with good answers to your concern.

Kindly give me appropriate answers to my concern. Please help me.

#

Please mention whether you have done an X-ray of the knee joint, serum calcium, and blood sugar. If you have not done it, kindly do an X-ray of the knee joint in anteroposterior and lateral view. Sometimes periarthritis presents with similar symptoms. Taking X-rays helps you a lot. Please mention whether you are taking any medications.

I have not taken X-rays of the knee joint. I have done tests to determine blood sugar and serum calcium. I am not taking any medication. My situation is not serious. I can walk very well. I am worried due to my painful and noisy joints. I want to go to gym without having noisy or painful joints and muscles.

#

If you have severe pain or swelling in the knee joint or any restriction in joint movements, then you need to do a full orthopedic checkup and further investigation is needed. Having painless noise in joints or ligaments is quite common and it is normal. The synovial fluid present in the joint lubricates and protects the joints. Gases can be formed in these joints and it is released when the joints are used. Thus pops and crack sounds are produced. To prevent getting cracking sounds from the painless knee joint, you need to get up and keep moving as motion is a lotion. Stretching and movement prevents muscle tightness and keeps your joints lubricated. Thus it prevents from rubbing together.

|