Q. How can knee pain be prevented?

Dr. Lokesh

There is dull knee pain while standing and walking for one month. What can be the cause of this?

Dr. Lokesh

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

Knee pain is a common complaint that affects people of all ages.

Knee pain may be the result of an injury or some other medical conditions including arthritis, patellar tendinitis, ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) injury, knee bursitis, torn meniscus, gout, and infection.Some easy remedies for your pain

• Ice is useful for the control of pain and swelling. It can be applied to the knee for 15 to 20 minutes as often as every two to four hours. The swollen knee should be elevated above the level of the heart while icing.
  • Activities that cause pain should be avoided temporarily.

If the knee is swollen or sore, the following positions and activities should be avoided until knee pain and swelling resolve:

• Squatting
  • Kneeling
  • Twisting and pivoting
  • Jogging
  • Aerobics, dancing
  • Playing sport
  • Use a kneecap brace.
  • You need to get X-rays done and then follow up.

For more information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|