Q. How can knee pain be prevented?

Dr. Lokesh
Published on Jan 29, 2018

There is dull knee pain while standing and walking for one month. What can be the cause of this?

Dr. Lokesh

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

Knee pain is a common complaint that affects people of all ages.

Knee pain may be the result of an injury or some other medical conditions including arthritis, patellar tendinitis, ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) injury, knee bursitis, torn meniscus, gout, and infection.Some easy remedies for your pain

• Ice is useful for the control of pain and swelling. It can be applied to the knee for 15 to 20 minutes as often as every two to four hours. The swollen knee should be elevated above the level of the heart while icing.
  • Activities that cause pain should be avoided temporarily.

If the knee is swollen or sore, the following positions and activities should be avoided until knee pain and swelling resolve:

• Squatting
  • Kneeling
  • Twisting and pivoting
  • Jogging
  • Aerobics, dancing
  • Playing sport
  • Use a kneecap brace.
  • You need to get X-rays done and then follow up.

For more information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

Osteoarthritis of Knee

Article Overview: This is a patient information article on wear and tear in knee joint. It gives information regarding understanding of osteoarthritis of knee its causes, prevention and methods of treatment available. Read Article

Dr. Mohan Krishna

Osteoarthritis can affect any joint in the body. It is like wear and tear which develops over many years. It is common in people over 50 years of age, particularly in women. Both knees need not to be affected at the same time. The cartilage gradually roughens and becomes thin exposing the underlyin...  Read Article

My daughter has pernicious anemia from the age of 11. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I hope you will be able to help me with my daughter's health. The summary of her health is as follows: She was born prematurely at 25 weeks. She had to undergo PDA surgery soon after. She had Hashimoto's hypothyroidism when she was 8 years of age. She had urticaria and angioedema for m...  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now