Knee X-ray

What can be done to treat bruise under knee cap after a fall?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday, I went hiking and was running down a cliff. I was going too fast and landed on both my knees. They looked deformed and have bruising and swelling around the knee cap, on the knee cap, and under the knee cap. One of them has a big looking bruised ball under the knee cap. Wha...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description I gather you have had a nasty fall on both your knees with one being more swollen than the other. You have not mentioned but I am assuming that you were able to stand and walk after the fall and did not need to be carried back. Also, assuming you ...  Read Full »

Can Alphintern be used for knee swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old female. My height is 1.65 meter and my weight is 56 kg. I was suffering from a knee problem, and I took rest for a couple of days. I took Alphintern and used my resistance band to improve my knee-range and everything was fine, except for a grinding noise during exe...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, the MRI reports suggest an injury. You did not mention a specific incident or accident that may have lead to a sprain of the ACL. Without a real injury, the knee swelled up again, with the stair climbing. The entire presentation points towards pa...  Read Full »

How can I get cured from knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 47-year-old male. Now, I have pain in my knee. I have taken a lot of painkillers to get relief from it. But it comes back again. I am unable to run fast. I cannot walk fast. I have numbness in my right leg. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For knee pain, you can investigate with an X-ray or MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan of the knee joint. If there is any ligament injury in the knee joint, then it will be seen in the X-ray or MRI scan. You can consult an orthopedic surgeon for an examination. For n...  Read Full »

I am suffering from runner's knee. What is the treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from runner's knee. I am wondering about taking a break from training. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from runner's knee for which you should get investigated with knee joint digital X-ray. Take rest. Avoid actions that aggravate pain like running, prolonged standing, and sitting. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen can be taken for pai...  Read Full »

I did not get relief from my knee pain even after taking medicines. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 36 year old male who weighs 69 kg. I have a desk job with no physical activity during the day. I am doing exercises regularly though. I have a pain in both knees since one and a half years. It started gradually. Now, there is a cracking sound while squatting or doing yoga. I am u...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you take the following tablets: Tablet Ibuprofen 400 mg twice a day for 10 days after food. Tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg in the morning for 10 days before food. Tablet Shelcal (Calcium) 500 mg in the morning for 30 days before food. Tablet Vitamin D 60000 IU once...  Read Full »

My son has pain in his right knee from one year. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, My son who is turning 4 in two months, has been complaining about pain in his knee for over a year now. His pediatrician told us that it was growing pains and is normal. However, it has been there for too long and it is always just the right knee. He cries at different times in the day...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think his knee pain is of significance since it is involving only one limb and it has been so for quite a long time. Sometimes, there may be a hidden bone infection which may go unnoticed. It is advisable to do an X-ray of the affected leg, and take an opinion from ...  Read Full »

Kindly look at my x-ray and provide the treatment for knee pain.

Query: Hi doctor, Two years ago, I was injured while playing volleyball. I ignored the pain around my kneecap at that time, and it was fine after a week. After a year, I started getting sudden pain in my right knee. The pain is like locking the knee joint. The pain becomes severe while riding a bike. There...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no obvious bony injury (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but your ligaments might be a problem while you sustained the trauma. Is there any swelling? If the pain is not coming down or becoming more in spite of treatment, then you need to get an M...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for knee and foot pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old man. I have the following problems while walking. Foot pain in the early morning after walking or after sitting for a long period of time. It was diagnosed a few years ago as plantar fasciitis. I use shoes with special support, insoles and cushion on the socks. Also...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your concern about pain in sole and knee joint. As per your provided information, it is clear that due to improper walking patterns and imbalance in muscles of foot, weight distribution in sole altered and after a long time slowly you developed knee pain...  Read Full »

I am getting knee pain even with a simple activity. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 27 year old male. My weight is 85 kg and height is 179 cm. About 2 years ago, I participated in a half marathon. On that day, I started feeling pain in both knees above the patella. I think in quadriceps tendon. I followed RICE and the pain went off. But, after that, whenever I do s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti A. Goel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your symptoms and pain, I have a few points to mention. It is possible that the pain is due to quadriceps pull. However, a condition called chondromalacia patellae should also be ruled out. Do you have pain in climbing upwards or upstairs? I wou...  Read Full »