Knee X-ray

Please suggest treatment options for knee and foot pain.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old man. I have the following problems while walking. Foot pain in the early morning after walking or after sitting for a long period of time. It was diagnosed a few years ago as plantar fasciitis. I use shoes with special support, insoles and cushion on the socks. Also...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your concern about pain in sole and knee joint. As per your provided information, it is clear that due to improper walking patterns and imbalance in muscles of foot, weight distribution in sole altered and after a long time slowly you developed knee pain...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe knee pain whenever I sit and stand up?

Query: Hello doctor hope you are well i have a query regarding my knee-knocking voice and had very bad pain just started from last 2 days i feel pain whenver i sit and stand up and the knee knocking problem is been like 3years please advice is any thing serious or do i have go for some tests much my age i...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq Thank for asking me i am doing well i checked the information you wrote and i am concern about you. Actually sometimes our knee makes sound when we stand up because there is a bone patella so when we stand it slides down and we can hear that sound. But as mentioned apart fr...  Read Full »

Why am I getting knee pain even with simple activity?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 27 year old male. My weight is 85 kg and height is 179 cm. About 2 years ago, I participated in a half marathon. On that day, I started feeling pain in both knees above the patella. I think in quadriceps tendon. I followed RICE and the pain went off. But, after that, whenever I do s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti A. Goel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your symptoms and pain, I have a few points to mention. It is possible that the pain is due to quadriceps pull. However, a condition called chondromalacia patellae should also be ruled out. Do you have pain in climbing upwards or upstairs? I wou...  Read Full »

My knee pain is getting worse and not supported by painkillers. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 56-year-old male and I do not have any other medical conditions. My right knee is very painful. I have had pain in my knees for a while but it has been fine to live with. But recently, the pain in my right knee is starting to affect my everyday life. There is no swelling or rednes...  Read Full »

Dr. Tejash Patel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nice explanation regarding your condition. From your history, it looks like you are suffering from degenerative osteoarthritis. I suggest you to do an x-ray to know the stage of osteoarthritis and decide its mode of management and treatment.  Read Full »

Please suggest medication for my mom's severe knee pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am writing this on behalf of my mother. She is 60 years old and weighs about 86 kg. Her complaint is very extreme pain on the knee (left leg). This issue started one year ago and we consulted orthopedics who applied an injection on her knee after verifying an x-ray report and prescri...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your x-rays show (attachment removed to protect patient identity), grade 2-3 arthritis (4 is worst) in both knees, however, the x-ray picture does not always match with the clinical symptom as is in your case. I will recommend that you take a course of anti-inflamma...  Read Full »

Will my knee pain due to injury heal on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, A week before, I fell from riding a bicycle after going to market and my left knee hit the ground first I was able to stand up although I got wounded. I went home and did first aid on my wound. After a week, my wound was healed but until now I feel the pain on my left leg. There is le...  Read Full »

Dr. Peter Grutas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry you are having these symptoms. This might still be due to injury resulting in soft tissue contusion. I am not considering fracture at this point because you were still able to stand up. But an x-ray of the left knee APL would be recommended. In the mea...  Read Full »

What can be done to treat bruise under knee cap after a fall?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday, I went hiking and was running down a cliff. I was going too fast and landed on both my knees. They looked deformed and have bruising and swelling around the knee cap, on the knee cap, and under the knee cap. One of them has a big looking bruised ball under the knee cap. Wha...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description I gather you have had a nasty fall on both your knees with one being more swollen than the other. You have not mentioned but I am assuming that you were able to stand and walk after the fall and did not need to be carried back. Also, assuming you ...  Read Full »

Can Alphintern be used for knee swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old female. My height is 1.65 meter and my weight is 56 kg. I was suffering from a knee problem, and I took rest for a couple of days. I took Alphintern and used my resistance band to improve my knee-range and everything was fine, except for a grinding noise during exe...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, the MRI reports suggest an injury. You did not mention a specific incident or accident that may have lead to a sprain of the ACL. Without a real injury, the knee swelled up again, with the stair climbing. The entire presentation points towards pa...  Read Full »

How can I get cured from knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 47-year-old male. Now, I have pain in my knee. I have taken a lot of painkillers to get relief from it. But it comes back again. I am unable to run fast. I cannot walk fast. I have numbness in my right leg. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For knee pain, you can investigate with an X-ray or MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan of the knee joint. If there is any ligament injury in the knee joint, then it will be seen in the X-ray or MRI scan. You can consult an orthopedic surgeon for an examination. For n...  Read Full »

I am suffering from runner's knee. What is the treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from runner's knee. I am wondering about taking a break from training. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from runner's knee for which you should get investigated with knee joint digital X-ray. Take rest. Avoid actions that aggravate pain like running, prolonged standing, and sitting. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen can be taken for pai...  Read Full »