Q. Is surgery the only option for knee buckling?

Answered by Dr. Sumit Chawla and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Do you have a question on Knee Instability or Knee Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 36 year old male. I have been having knee buckling problem for some time. The problem started in the right knee about four years back and since then I have stopped sports. However, at times during some movement or jerk, I get this buckling problem and pain for two to three days. About two weeks back, I had a similar problem in my left knee as well while trying to jump and take a photograph. It is paining since last two weeks. I have attached the MRI and CT scan reports. Do I have to go for a surgery? Or can it be cured with exercise and physiotherapy? My weight is 97 kg and height is 5'9".