Knee Stiffness

What causes a lot of pain and stiffness in the knee while crouching and kneeling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for advice on knee support. I had a meniscectomy ten years ago and worked as a roofer. I now have a lot of pain and stiffness in my knee, which is crouching and kneeling all day with work. I am struggling to stand back up after crouching for periods with work.  Read Full »

Dr. Ranjeet Singha, Pt

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the information provided by you, it seems that you might have developed osteoarthritis of the knee. Some of the clinical features are pain, stiffness, swelling. I would suggest you avoid any activity related to your occupation of the roofing as it will aggrava...  Read Full »

What does arthritis in the knee feel like?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 42-year-old woman who is a non-smoker and fit person, but I experience pain in my legs and feet. It started with a swollen and stiff knee, and then the pain moved to the other knee, then it goes to my feet. I cannot walk or do sit-ups without feeling constant pain. It goes away, and...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It can be due to arthritis only, but sometimes kidney dysfunction can lead to swelling in limbs. I would like to see your MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) and x-ray reports, and then I can let you know if there is any information on soft ti...  Read Full »

What to do for knee and leg muscle stiffness in arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from arthritis for about a year. Due to arthritis, I am almost on the bed for six months. Now I am fit but as I was on bed for six months my leg muscles (behind the knee) was badly stiffed and band to 90 degrees. I cannot stretch my legs straight, because the leg muscl...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case. As per your symptoms you need to do physiotherapy and knee exercises to improve the range of motion. You need to consult a physiotherapist for proper rehabilitation. Initially, quadriceps strengthening and range of motion exercises are impo...  Read Full »

Is surgery the best option for knee stiffness with walking difficulty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I have pain, stiffness and cracking or creaking sound in both the knees and joints. Pain is persisting for 24 hours and there is difficulty in walking. There are some other symptoms apart from pain which I have listed below: Locking of joints and stiffness if I si...  Read Full »

Dr. Saseendar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The main findings of the reports are as follows: Left knee: rupture of anterior horn of medial meniscus and posterior horn of lateral meniscus. Right knee: rupture of posterior ho...  Read Full »

Is it normal to experiencing knee stifness and pain during physiotherapy after replacement surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother had a total knee replacement two months ago. Doctor suggested to put knee splint for nearly a month, and after that, she went to physiotherapy and her knee is very stiff now. She could not able to bend her knee, and having excess pain. Almost her BP is raising during physiot...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that your mother had her knee replaced two months ago. I am assuming it is a primary rather than a revision. I will be concerned as much as you are as by six weeks we expect at least a 0 to 90 degree knee bend. By this, we mean that the patient ...  Read Full »

Can problem in the hip cause knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I have stiffness and pain in thighs and knees for more than a year. I cannot sit properly and stand up instantly. I am having problem in each and every activity involving legs. I have reduced mobility and flexibility of legs. My report shows AVN stage 3 of hip joint, f...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hip avascular necrosis (AVN) and hip arthritis causes pain in the affected hip and also sometimes in the knees as the same nerve which supplies the hip also supplies the knee joint. It is called as obturator nerve. This nerve supplies both the joints. So if there is ...  Read Full »

How to treat stiffness of knees in osteoarthritis patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is suffering from osteoarthritis. He has stiffness in knees. Please, advice some good medicine for him.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Take capsule Shallaki and give two tablets two times a day with water after food for ten days. Along with that visit a nearby Panchkarma center and ask for the procedure Janu Basti. It is also helpful in this problem. Consult a nearby Ayurved...  Read Full »

What is the exact cause for my knee pain and swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old female. My height is 5'4" and my weight is 64 kg. I am suffering from left knee pain with some swelling and stiffness for the past three years. I am taking Sazo 2000 and OXC 200 for two months, but had no relief. I have ANA 48.5 and CRP 7.9. My MRI showed no tears, but...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted. Kindly tell me more details about your problem. Since when is the pain in the left knee present? Do you have any other joint pain like wrist or elbow? Your ANA (antinuclear antibody) report is positive. Kindly upload the report ...  Read Full »