Q. Does sharp pain in lower left abdomen in pregnant woman mean labor?

Answered by Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Labour Contractions or Vaginal Discharge? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 37 weeks pregnant. I have sharp pain in lower left side that is coming every couple minutes but does not last long. Is this the start of labor? I am also possibly leaking amniotic fluid but I am not entirely sure since there is not a lot.