Labrum Tear

Can you please comment on my MRI report?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached my MRI scan report and I do like to get the remarks.  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a labral tear along with other ligament, muscle and tendon unit injury (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Probably, due to acute shoulder dislocation. Decision regarding surgery depends upon the clinical condition. For further information consu...  Read Full »

Can shoulder labrum tear be healed without surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I sustained a shoulder injury while working out and it turned out to be a labrum tear. I can rotate my arm without any problem. I feel the pain only while playing badminton. The doctor has suggested surgery and I do not want to go for it. Kindly go through my re...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history as well as the MRI report attached to it (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would recommend surgery to you if you wish to continue playing badminton or any activity with overhead action or involving throwing activity. I...  Read Full »

Can hip labral tear and sports hernia both be addressed in the same surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a right side hip labral tear and a probable sports hernia on the same side. Can both these issues be addressed in the same surgery, or do they have to be addressed in separate surgeries?  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be tackled in the same anesthesia and surgery. Hip labral repairs or excision is done arthroscopically and after that, the surgery for sports hernia can be done either open or endoscopically. So, it can be done in the same sitting of anesthesia. Before the surge...  Read Full »

How can I keep safe during travel after a shoulder surgery for labrum tear?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a labrum tear. I had a shoulder surgery done a month ago. They repaired the tissues back into place. My cousins have planned for a trip to the beach next month. I have been advised by the doctor to take off the sling in that week. I do not know if I can go with them soon afterre...  Read Full »

Dr. Saseendar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you had a surgery of the shoulder (I guess it is arthroscopic Bankart repair) recently. In any case, I would not restrict you from going to the occasion. However, I generally advise my patients not to lift the arm or rotate the arm outwards for a mini...  Read Full »

Is surgery needed for a labrum tear?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has been diagnosed with a labrum tear. She is 37 years old. She wants to get a second opinion on the treatment options. Is surgery the only option available? Will not the labrum heal on its own? Currently, she is on ayurvedic treatment. I have attached a few files for your re...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the copies of the investigations you posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). My interpretations are as follows: She has arthritis of the hip joint with features of sacroiliitis (an inflammation of one or both of the sacroiliac joints) ...  Read Full »

I have pain and hear popping noise in the labrum region. How can it be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I strongly believe I have a slight hip labral tear which is devastating me mentally. I intend to become a professional dancer very soon as my main training is almost over. I can walk and do everything as normal but I hear pops and I have a slight vague pain which is not really bad unle...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many hip labral tears have no signs or symptoms. Do you occasionally experience any of these symptoms? Locking, clicking, or a catching sensation in your hip joint or groin area? Stiffness or limited range of motion in your hip joint? Physical exercise might cause a...  Read Full »