Q. I get crackling sound on my shoulders and knee with pain. Will Glucosamine with Boswellia help?

Dr. Zubayeralam

From the age of 20s, I used to get cracking sound on knees. For the last three to four years, I am getting pain in my shoulders, especially while driving or working long hours in front of the computer. I have switched to auto gear car and reduced to minimal driving, which helped a lot. For a few months, I started getting pain and cracking sounds in my shoulders with pain even at night after waking up. All of which signals around osteoarthritis. I am thinking of trying Nutralite Glucosamine HCL with Boswellia. Shall I try this option or go for some other screenings? Please suggest.

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from shoulder pain with cracking sounds. Such cracking sounds may result from cavitation, the release of gas from fluid or spaces from within your joint, bursitis, labral tears, or your bones are making with each other.

So an MRI or x-ray of that particular area may help to detect the underlying causes for your present sufferings and then treat them accordingly. In case of any pain or swelling, you can take painkillers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen, etc.

I will then plan for MRI. What is your opinion on Nutralite Glucosamine HCL with Boswellia? Does this anyway help with joint pain?

#

Glucosamine HCL with Boswellia is a nutritional building block that supports healthy joints and stimulates cartilage production. Boswellia is a gum resin that helps to reduce swelling in the joints. So, you can use this medication for your joint pain. But before starting this medication, you should undergo an MRI shoulder and then show the reports to your doctor.

|