Q. What do my CT reports imply in the short and long term?

Dr. Nene Devavrat Harihar
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 17, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 22, 2022

My CT scan report says serial axial CT scan image of the brain shows normal CSF space, the lateral verticles are symmetrical. There is no midline shift or bleed images. However, it shows a faint area of lacunar infraction along the pons. What does this imply, short to long term as I am currently normal? The scan was done when I reported a slight right arm weakness which was determined to be nerves.

#

It just says that there is a small area in the lower part of your brain which is not getting enough blood supply. However, I need a little more details regarding your arm weakness whether it was of acute onset, which parts are weak, any tingling sensations in the arm, etc. They have not mentioned the area correctly in the report. If you can get an MRI brain with cervical spine done it can give us more information.

Thanks for the reply.

On the arm, it is more like a pain in the shoulder. By the way, I have mild spondylosis on the neck and a history of high cholesterol. I will have the MRI done. However, is this something I should be worried about?

#

No, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. I also feel its the cervical spondylosis that is causing the symptoms. Let us get an MRI done and see.

|