Q. Can spillage of dye from fallopian tubes during laparoscopy and dye test indicate female infertility?

Dr. Rajesh Jain
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 04, 2022 and last reviewed on: Sep 06, 2022

I had my laparoscopy and dye done yesterday, and the results showed delayed dye spillage from both fallopian tubes. I have been married for three years, have no kids, am 28 years old, and with normal FSH, LH, TSH, Testosterone, and Insulin levels. My ultrasound shows tiny follicles showing a polycystic appearance. My weight is 72 kilograms, and my height is 5 feet 3 inches. I want to confirm if delayed spillage means inability to conceive, and does it mean that I will have to go for IVF? Currently, I am taking Folic acid 5 mg and Zenofem 250 mg.

#

A delay in the passage of dye may be due to some infection. Infertility seems to be due to polycystic ovarian disease or infection in the urogenital tract. Natural pregnancy is possible. Do perineal and pelvic exercises regularly. Go for walks regularly. Take flax seeds regularly. Consult with a specialist and take the following medicines with their consent. Tablet Amycordial (Bioflavonoids, Glucosides, Tannins, Phytosterols, and micronutrients) two tablets twice a day for three months. Tablet Septilin (Tinospora cordifolia, Rubia cordifolia, Emblica Officinalis, Moringa Pterygosperma, Glycyrrhiza glabra) one tablet twice daily for 6 weeks. Send me a follow-up next month.

|