HomeAnswersObstetrics and GynecologylaparotomyWhere will I get a C-section if I have a scar on my navel?

How long does it take for a vertical laparotomy scar to heal?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At May 5, 2023
Reviewed AtOctober 11, 2023

Patient's Query

I have a 7-inch vertical laparotomy scar from my navel to my pubic bone following previous PID surgery. I have had a recent laparoscopy which identified loops of bowel adhesions along the full length of the scar. I have no symptoms and my doctors both advised me to leave things as they are. My doctor has told me my uterus is in good condition to try for a baby. I am about to start IVF. If I get pregnant and end up needing a c-section, where will the c-section cut be safely done given? I do not want the risk of a horizontal c-section cut across the vertical scar.

Kindly help.

Answered by Dr. Uzma Arqam

Thank you for your query.

I understand your concern. Pelvic infection severe one can increase adhesions inside and sometimes it is difficult to revert things back. Your age is already 43 years and doctors already give a positive sign to have IVF which is also a blessing. I hope things would get better step by step. You can try IVF as time passes very fast. It is better to have a baby with IVF team support to have a better outcome. Have complete check-ups and treatment for any health issue you have. Pregnancy shows it is own risks those can clearly understand when it occurs. Baby's weight, size, position, presentation, and labor and its progress near term or at least in the third trimester needed to decide on the safest mode of delivery. Have folic acid daily as now going to try IVF.

I hope this has helped you. Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Read answers about:

c-sectionlaparotomyivf

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy