Q. Is it normal to get floaters after laser treatment?

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

I recently went for LASIK examination and an ophthalmologist said I have a few weak spots and I need to get barrage laser before LASIK. I am highly nearsighted -7 and -8 diopter. I got my barrage laser a few days back but I noticed floaters and a small light around the corner of my right eye which occurs occasionally. Is this common? Also, how long will it take for new weak spots or tears to appear after barrage?

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

It is normal to see floaters and light post laser also because the retina is a light-sensitive tissue but if it increases in frequency and shower of floaters occurred then immediately call for a checkup. There is no time limit for fresh spots to develop. We cannot comment on it. It may take days to years but mostly I have seen in my patients that it is less likely to develop in near future once laser barrage is done.

|