Q. Is it advisable to undergo super Lasik surgery in a 37-year-old person?

Answered by Dr. Souhad and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Lasik or Refractive Error? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am planning to undergo vision correction surgery. I am 37 years old, female, single. My ophthalmologist informed me that I have astigmatism. I am short sighted. My doctor suggested of a super Lasik surgery. Can you please advise if I should go ahead with this surgery?

Secondly, what would be the side effects? And the recovering period. The doctor did mention I have a thick cornea and I will recover the same day. But I am not very confident and require your second opinion.