Login      Sign Up

Q. Is my left-sided chest pain due to acidity or heart block?


Hello doctor,

I have borderline high cholesterol for five to six years. My blood tests like homocysteine and troponin-I were normal before three to four months.Since last week, I have left sided mild pain usually assumed by me as associated with gas and acidity. More often, I observed that whenever I had gas and acidity mild pain at left side chest happens. This pain usually subsides within one or two days but this time continued for three to four days with symptoms of gas and acidity. Few doctors ruled out heart-related problems by TMT and echocardiography and ECG before one year. But, since my cholesterol is on the higher side,.I always worry about localized chest pain. I have momentary pain without shortness of breath, without center or back chest pain. I do not feel angina. I do not sweat or breathe fast. All the symptoms seem normal except localized chest pain. Please find attached report and photograph and guide. Also, advise that if I want to rule out any blockage which test, radiography (CT/ MRI) what I need to do. I do not think I need angiography at this moment as my Troponin-I and homocysteine are normal. Kindly guide.


Dr. Sanjib K Sahu


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I reviewed all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

An angiogram is not required. Serum uric acid, LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides are high. Vitamin D3 is borderline.

Please take Fibator LS (Fenofibrate and Atorvastatin) once a day at night. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Take Calcium and Vitamin D3 tablets for a month.

Continue tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg a day before dinner.

You should avoid high protein diet for uric acid.

Repeat lipid profile and serum uric acid after one month.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist


Hello doctor,

Do you suspect this pain is related to a heart problem like blockages? Which CT scan or MRI can help me rule out?


Dr. Sanjib K Sahu


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

It is not heart-related. Do not worry.

Continue the medicine, diet restriction and exercise is good enough.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Related Questions & Answers

What will you suggest for heart block, stent or bypass?
Query: Hi doctor, My brother-in-law went for angiography, and he has two blockages 60% and 80%. Now, his doctor saying that it is urgent to get an operation and they will fix two stents. What will you suggest? Is it fine to go with a stent? Will it work lifetime? Or shall we opt bypass?  Read Full »
Dr. Nageswara Rao

Answer: Hi. Welcome back to icliniq.com. If he does not have diabetes, then he can go for stents. Angioplasty cannot guarantee for lifetime. Angioplasty works well for a decade. Sometimes, a patient condition may not fit for CABG. Even CABG (coronary artery bypass grafting) also cannot give a lifetime gu...  Read Full »
I have a left-sided chest pain and shortness of breath. Is this something serious?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a potential blood clot but, a chest CT came back clear. I still have chest pain and upper back pain as well as shortness of breath. What could this be? They said it was potentially a muscular or skeletal pain but, I get pain on the left side especially. They suggested pain killer...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Any chest pain that increases with body movements such as coughing, sneezing, or picking up an object is not from the heart and is usually from the muscles surrounding the chest wall or sometimes the outer covering of the lung called pleura. ...  Read Full »
I have recurrent problem of acidity and throat pain. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I had mild pain at the right side of my throat. I had pain while chewing something or when throat muscles contracted like while brushing teeth or touching the innermost tooth with tongue. It subsided after 15 to 20 days; I took homeopathy medicines for infection. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any fever or cough? If yes, then is it associated with expectoration? Can you feel any lumps or lymph nodes in the neck? Do you have any history of tonsillitis? From the symptoms briefed above, you have allergic rhinitis with URTI (upper respiratory tract ...  Read Full »
How to get rid of acidity caused due to taking spicy food?
Query: Hello doctor, I eat out a lot and take junk food very frequently. I am suffering from acidity now. If I take spicy food, I feel uneasiness in my stomach. I am a 25 year old male. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Sugandh Garg
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please consider the following suggestions to get rid of your acidity: Avoid eating out. Also avoid oily, spicy and fried food items. Drink plenty of water (at least eight glasses of water every day). Drink two glasses of water in the morning as soon as...  Read Full »
What can cause left-sided chest pain while breathing?
Query: Hi doctor, Every time when I breathe, my left side hurts. It also hurts when I take a deep breath too. I do not smoke. What could be the problem?  Read Full »
Dr. Yashas Saipangallu
General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know the following details before proceeding into diagnosis and management of your illness. What is your age? Do you have cough/ cold/ breathlessness? Where is the exact location of pain? Does it radiate to your left shoulder? When did this symptom start?...  Read Full »
How to clear heart block through ayurveda?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a heart attack before 50 days. I consulted a doctor, and he said that I have 90% and 75% block in arteries. He suggested getting a stent. Please help me if there is an option and treatment to remove artery blockage.  Read Full »
Dr. Alka
Ayurveda Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In such case of 90% and 75% blockage, the blood supply to heart will not be proper. It may lead to multiple problems, which also includes heart attack. As your doctor advised you, please go for stenting and if you already did that then fine. But if not, then I adv...  Read Full »

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Most Viewed

Placenta Previa and Low-Lying Placenta
This article talks about a condition in pregnancy where the placenta lies lower than usual, known as placenta previa and ...Read more »
What Are the Alternatives to Wearing Glasses?
So, you have been told to wear glasses, but you do not want to wear them. What are the options available to you now? Thi ...Read more »
Smart Ways to Lose Weight
Following a strict diet and exercise routine can be a difficult task for many. This article will explain how you can sma ...Read more »