Q. I have a left-sided chest pain and shortness of breath. Is this something serious?

Answered by Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Left Sided Chest Pain or Sweating? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had a potential blood clot but, a chest CT came back clear. I still have chest pain and upper back pain as well as shortness of breath. What could this be? They said it was potentially a muscular or skeletal pain but, I get pain on the left side especially. They suggested pain killers but, I am not convinced it is a muscle strain nor could they tell of an infection. They did put me on Morphine. My X-ray and ECG are fine. I still think there is something wrong. I am short of breath and my left shoulder feels achy. My blood work is fine and so are my oxygen levels. So, what could be the cause of my shoulder pain, shortness of breath, left side pain, abdominal pain, and nausea?