Q. Can I know whether left ventricular hypertrophy is hereditary?

Answered by Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Left Ventricular Hypertrophy or Echocardiogram? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My mother died four months ago, due to cardiac arrhythmia which was caused by left ventricular hypertrophy. Can I know whether left ventricular hypertrophy is hereditary as I am frightened for me and for my children?