Q. What do the symptoms of chest tightness, sweating and uneasiness suggest?

Dr. Rishu
Published on Jan 05, 2017

My son-in-law aged 44 years, slightly overweight, had symptoms of tightness of chest, sweaty palm and uneasiness. The tests showed blood pressure reading as 140/80 mmHg and ECG showed left ventricle irregularity. Please advise.

Dr. Rishu

Cardiology
#

Left ventricular hypertrophy is because of hypertension, however, ECG is just a baseline test of cardiology. The tightness of chest associated with sweating can be stable angina.

Stable angina is chest pain or discomfort that most often occurs with activity or emotional stress. The most common cause of angina is coronary artery disease. I would suggest you two baseline test of cardiology.

2D echo and treadmill test are used to rule out the cardiac cause of chest pain. If there is ischemia to cardiac muscles, then it will be reflected in it.

My advice is to get a 2D echo and TMT. Follow up with the reports.

For further information consult a cardiologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Related Video

Why is there pain from breast bone to shoulder and down the arm?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a pain that goes from my breast bone under my left breast up to my left shoulder and down my arm. It is a dull consistent pain but sometimes becomes sharp. I am a six time MI patient and have had two light strokes. I had a similar pain three years back during a massive hea...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms could be related to myocardial ischemia. Musculoskeletal pain cannot be excluded either. Coming to this point, I would recommend going to the ER (emergency room) for a careful physical examination and some tests as follows: Resting ECG (electrocardio...  Read Full

How to cure spinal deformity?

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to know which avenue to go down to treat my issues. I believe I have something wrong with my legs which cause my body to strain. The first memory I can remember was having very excruciating pain in my legs at night when I was a young teenager. As I got older my knees started ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Excruciating pains at night could be due to muscle cramps or due to vascular ischemia (compromised blood supply). Cold feeling in ankles and feet suggest vascular compromise. Pinching of nerve could be due to spinal deformity. Nerve compression when it exits spinal cord ...  Read Full

Is coronary angiography required in chronic stable angina?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom is 56 years old. She is a patient of hypertension, diabetes, and mild nephropathy. BP 140/80, pulse 96/ min, creatinine 1.3, fasting sugar 125, postprandial 157. From a few months, my mother is suffering from chest pain. The doctor told it is chronic stable angina. All other te...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With these kidney function tests, she can perform the coronary angiography. I agree with her doctor's recommendation because this would help identify possible coronary artery stenosis and also perform angioplasty, if necessary. Another test which can help investigat...  Read Full