Q. What do the symptoms of chest tightness, sweating and uneasiness suggest?

Dr. Rishu
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 05, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 25, 2021

My son-in-law aged 44 years, slightly overweight, had symptoms of tightness of chest, sweaty palm and uneasiness. The tests showed blood pressure reading as 140/80 mmHg and ECG showed left ventricle irregularity. Please advise.

#

Left ventricular hypertrophy is because of hypertension, however, ECG is just a baseline test of cardiology. The tightness of chest associated with sweating can be stable angina.

Stable angina is chest pain or discomfort that most often occurs with activity or emotional stress. The most common cause of angina is coronary artery disease. I would suggest you two baseline test of cardiology.

2D echo and treadmill test are used to rule out the cardiac cause of chest pain. If there is ischemia to cardiac muscles, then it will be reflected in it.

My advice is to get a 2D echo and TMT. Follow up with the reports.

For further information consult a cardiologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|