What causes chest tightness, sweaty palms, and uneasiness?

Q. What do chest tightness, sweating and uneasiness indicate?

Dr. Rishu Sharma
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 05, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 29, 2024

My son-in-law aged 44 years, slightly overweight, had symptoms of tightness of chest, sweaty palm and uneasiness. The tests showed blood pressure reading as 140/80 mmHg and ECG showed left ventricle irregularity. Please advise.

#

Left ventricular hypertrophy is because of hypertension, however, ECG (electrocardiogram) is just a baseline test of cardiology. The tightness of chest associated with sweating can be stable angina. Stable angina is chest pain or discomfort that most often occurs with activity or emotional stress. The most common cause of angina is coronary artery disease. I would suggest you two baseline test of cardiology. 2D echo and treadmill test are used to rule out the cardiac cause of chest pain. If there is ischemia to cardiac muscles, then it will be reflected in it. My advice is to get a 2D echo and TMT (Tread Mill Test).

|