Q. Is Diovan an effective drug for left ventricular hypertrophy?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

I am a 40-year-old male. Recently I was diagnosed with LVH in ECG (possible LVH). My cholesterol level was 175, and pressure was 90/150. Now pressure came down to 80/135. I am taking Diovan 80 and I have little chest pain. Is this disease curable with this medicine? The sugar level is borderline.

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiology General Practitioner
#

Left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) is reversible and is caused by high blood pressure for a long time. When the heart has to exert more against raised BP, it hypertrophies just like an athlete when exercises, his muscles undergo hypertrophy, same is with heart. So when an athlete stops his exercises, weight lifting, training, etc., his muscles come back to normal over time.

Just control blood pressure and sugar. Consume a low salt diet. Regarding chest pain, I would advise you to undergo ECG, treadmill test and exercise tolerance test (ETT). After that, send me reports so that I may guide you better and for future planning regarding preventing other issues.

|