Q. Is Diovan an effective drug for left ventricular hypertrophy?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq
Published on May 07, 2019

I am a 40-year-old male. Recently I was diagnosed with LVH in ECG (possible LVH). My cholesterol level was 175, and pressure was 90/150. Now pressure came down to 80/135. I am taking Diovan 80 and I have little chest pain. Is this disease curable with this medicine? The sugar level is borderline.

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiology General Practitioner
#

Left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) is reversible and is caused by high blood pressure for a long time. When the heart has to exert more against raised BP, it hypertrophies just like an athlete when exercises, his muscles undergo hypertrophy, same is with heart. So when an athlete stops his exercises, weight lifting, training, etc., his muscles come back to normal over time.

Just control blood pressure and sugar. Consume a low salt diet. Regarding chest pain, I would advise you to undergo ECG, treadmill test and exercise tolerance test (ETT). After that, send me reports so that I may guide you better and for future planning regarding preventing other issues.

| 

What do the symptoms of chest tightness, sweating and uneasiness suggest?

Query: Hi doctor,My son-in-law aged 44 years, slightly overweight, had symptoms of tightness of chest, sweaty palm and uneasiness. The tests showed blood pressure reading as 140/80 mmHg and ECG showed left ventricle irregularity. Please advise.  Read Full »

My ECG is normal and heart rate is high. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I recently observed that my heart rate (including the resting one) is high. Resting rate is between 75 to 85 beats per minute and an average brisk walking rate is around 115 to 120 beats per minute. When I was unaware, I lived a perfectly normal life with 15 to 16 active hours. However, ...  Read Full »

Does my ECG show any abnormality?

Query: Hi doctor, My ECG report showed left axis deviation, left anterior fascicular block and prolonged QT interval. Is this an abnormal ECG? What kind of health issue I am having? I am a 48 year old female. Also, I am diabetic since four years.  Read Full »