Q. Kindly advise medicine to cure pain in the leg.

Dr. Aida Quka

l have been taking Neurocare plus OD for the past one month but the pain on my left leg is just too much. Which neuropain killer can I take to ease the pain?

Do you have a question on Leg Pain or Vitamin B12 Injection?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Aida Quka

FACULTY OF MEDICINE, UNIVERSITY OF TIRANA., NEUROLOGY POST GRADUATION DEGREE, UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL CENTER
Neurology

I understand your concern and would recommend taking Gabapentin or Pregabalin to help improve your situation. I would just advise starting in low dose and increase gradually the dose as tolerated, in order to avoid sedation, which is a common adverse effect of these drugs.

It is also necessary taking Vitamin B12 injection in order to help correct vitamin B12 deficiency, which is the main cause of your complaints.

Is it safe to take Gabapentin for back stiffness?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old unmarried male, and I have a back stiffness problem for more than three years. Everyone gives the says that my posture is not proper while walking. Two years back when I consulted a doctor, he suspected ankylosing spondylitis, but HLA-B27 was negative. After seeing...  Read Full >>
Dr. Divya Agarwal
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis is a clinical and radiological diagnosis. The clinical criteria is a history of inflammatory back pain, and the pain is worse in mornings and nigh...  Read Full

What is there head numbness in a thrombosis patient?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife has a high platelet count consistently for two years. She has numbness in her right leg which used to be intermittent earlier but is now regular. We checked her ESR which is also high at 30. The problems she is facing now is numbness in head, headaches, stressed eyes, feels lo...  Read Full >>
Dr. Smrita Singh
Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Her lipid profile is deranged with high cholesterol levels, her vitamin B12 levels are normal although towards the lower end of normal, and her vitamin D levels are borderline and ...  Read Full

Is having severe leg pain during pregnancy normal?
Query: Hello doctor, There is a complaint of severe pain in both the legs in my wife who is 14 weeks pregnant. She is unable to sleep due to the pain. All ANC check and blood tests are fine. This is the second pregnancy. She has complaints of a lot of pain in her legs on both sides, more on the right leg....  Read Full >>
Dr. Karthic Babu Natarajan
Pain Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To tell you the truth, I need more information or examine the patient to come to an accurate diagnosis. Differential diagnosis includes vascular problems for which we can consider a venous/arterial doppler. Probable diagnosis is a pregnancy-related lumbar strain wh...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now