Q. What is there head numbness in a thrombosis patient?

Dr. Singh Smrita
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 20, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 28, 2021

My wife has a high platelet count consistently for two years. She has numbness in her right leg which used to be intermittent earlier but is now regular. We checked her ESR which is also high at 30. The problems she is facing now is numbness in head, headaches, stressed eyes, feels low on energy, and is kind of depressed. One doctor suggested she have a vitamin B12 injection to get out of this depression. Can anyone help us in this? I have attached photographs for your reference.

#

I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Her lipid profile is deranged with high cholesterol levels, her vitamin B12 levels are normal although towards the lower end of normal, and her vitamin D levels are borderline and could very well reach insufficiency levels if not treated.

Her T4 levels are also slightly elevated.

The normal range for the platelet count is usually taken as 4.5 lakhs per cu.mm so that is within normal limits.

I would advise that your wife reduce her intake of fatty foods and oil intake to a minimum.

Try to eat more healthy food with more protein intake.

Incorporate daily exercise for at least an hour.

Take calcium and vitamin D tablets twice a day for at least three months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.Consult with an endocrinologist regarding the elevated T4 levels.

Take foods rich in vitamin B12.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|