Q. What is there head numbness in a thrombosis patient?

Dr. Smrita Singh
Published on Jan 20, 2018

My wife has a high platelet count consistently for two years. She has numbness in her right leg which used to be intermittent earlier but is now regular. We checked her ESR which is also high at 30. The problems she is facing now is numbness in head, headaches, stressed eyes, feels low on energy, and is kind of depressed. One doctor suggested she have a vitamin B12 injection to get out of this depression. Can anyone help us in this? I have attached photographs for your reference.

Dr. Smrita Singh

Hematology Pathology
#

I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Her lipid profile is deranged with high cholesterol levels, her vitamin B12 levels are normal although towards the lower end of normal, and her vitamin D levels are borderline and could very well reach insufficiency levels if not treated.

Her T4 levels are also slightly elevated.

The normal range for the platelet count is usually taken as 4.5 lakhs per cu.mm so that is within normal limits.

I would advise that your wife reduce her intake of fatty foods and oil intake to a minimum.

Try to eat more healthy food with more protein intake.

Incorporate daily exercise for at least an hour.

Take calcium and vitamin D tablets twice a day for at least three months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.Consult with an endocrinologist regarding the elevated T4 levels.

Take foods rich in vitamin B12.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

Are the symptoms indicate vasculitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51-year-old woman with an eight-month history of: persistent fever. shortness of breath on exertion. suffocation feeling. barking cough, sometimes productive cough with yellow sputum raised resting heart rate. tachycardia and palpitations with mild e...  Read Full >>

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The manifestations of vasculitis in general are: Weight loss of more than 10% body weight. Aches and pains, fever, and loss of appetite. Mononeuritis. Investigations will reveal high ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), positive CRP (C-reactive pro...  Read Full

Are medications needed to rectify my lipid profile values?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly see the test report and advice what precautions or medications are required especially in the lipid profile section.  Read Full >>

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From your lipid profile test, variables like your total cholesterol, triglycerides, LDL (low-density lipoprotein), and HDL (high-density lipoprotein) are slightly either increase...  Read Full

I have muscle twitching. Is it due to vitamin deficiency?

Query: Hi doctor, For about 10 days, I have muscle twitching in my calf, thighs and also in my eyes. I am worried about it. I got my blood test done. It showed that I have a severe vitamin B12 and vitamin D deficiency. My vitamin B12 was around 50 ng/L. Can these deficiencies be the cause for having muscl...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The duration is too short for any serious ailment. It is generally related to stress, coffee intake, and vitamin B12 deficiency. There is nothing to worry. It will go off.  Read Full

Ask a Hematologist Now