Q. How quickly does leptomeningeal disease progress?

Dr. Abhaya Kant Tewari

My daughter is 1.5 years old. She has been suffering from fever and seizures since yesterday. She became conscious after giving first aid. We visited a hospital for consultation. The doctor advised me to take a CT scan and get an opinion from a neurologist.

#

Some children tend to get seizures with fever. Your daughter is suffering from febrile seizures, meaning that a seizure has been precipitated by fever, and she has recovered on her own. It lasts for five minutes and does not recur. Give syrup Paracetamol for fever. If the seizure recurs, use Diazepam (Benzodiazepine) rectal gel or intranasal Midazolam (Benzodiazepine) spray. Please attach your CT (computed tomography) report.

Thank you doctor for your reply,

I have attached my daughter's CT scan report. Should I be concerned about leptomeningeal disease?

#

From the report attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), the leptomeningeal enhancement was due to seizures. You need not worry if your daughter is fine now. Keep the syrup Paracetamol for an emergency.

|