Q. How to prevent seizure attack?

Dr. Rajyaguru
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 23, 2021

I am a seizure patient. Please give me some suggestions to recover from this seizure. Also, how to stop further seizure attacks?

#

I have gone through all your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient identity) and your current prescription.

You have a primary seizure disorder with a history of febrile seizures in childhood. Your sleep EEG (electroencephalogram) is showing abnormal brain electrical activity. As of now, your seizures could be under control because you are on a quite high dose of antiepileptic medicines. My suggestion would be to continue medicines as per your last prescription. Please do not skip any dose. Once you are seizure-free for a few months, we can think about reducing your medicines and stopping gradually with check EEGs. As such, there is no surgical cure for your seizures as your brain MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) is normal without any lesion or other length-relevant pathological changes in the brain.

|