Q. My hair is thinning with dandruff for the past few years. Kindly help.

Dr. Snehal Laul

For the past few years, my hair is thinning a lot. I currently changed my shampoo, and my hair loss became severe. I am really worried about it.

My hair is so soft and silky. Until I was 15 years old, I had good volume hair. With less hair fall and no dandruff. Once after I got a hair cut, that is when I got dandruff. And after that, my hair never grew to that previous volume. Currently, I have no dandruff issues. Still, I feel my hair never grows.

#

Do you have hormonal imbalance or fluctuations, thyroid issues, insufficient protein intake, or stress? Do you underwent any stressful episode in the last four months? Will you do tight hairstyles, tight ponytail, buns, etc? Any chronic illness or drug history? Attach the picture to assess scalp hair density. Do reply.

I have PCOD. No thyroid issues. I have eggs and natural proteins but never had protein supplements. I usually wear a messy bun and loose hair and a tight hair braid while I apply oil. Currently, no chronic illness. While I was younger than ten years old, I had undergone treatment for tonsils. I am cured with no operations.

#

Use Minoxidil 2.5 percent lotion 1 ml twice daily for three months, then 1 ml at night for the next three months. Take tablet Follihair once at night after dinner for 20 days or H.vit forte once daily for 30 days. Use Anaboom shampoo weekly twice for four weeks. Then, Nizoral shampoo weekly twice for the next two weeks.

It is female pattern hair loss (central parting) due to hormonal changes. Exercise regularly to keep hormonal balance. Increase protein intake in your diet like nuts, milk, almonds, pulses, lentils, eggs, dates, etc. Avoid stress, tight hairstyles, tight buns, etc. Excess pull causes tractional alopecia.

|