Q. Why is there low urine flow and pain in testicles after sex?

Dr. Karthik Rajan

I am worried about my prostate. Urine stream is low. Often going to the toilet. Can feel pain in testicles after sex.

#

I have gone through your query. Can you please confirm how old you are? You have mentioned your age to be 41 years. I am asking because 41 years is pretty early to develop prostate enlargement, although not impossible, it is definitely very rare to develop significant enlargement to cause symptoms at your age. That said it is possible to have some low-grade prostate infection that can possibly cause your symptoms. To find out, a prostate examination and urine analysis are necessary to confirm. Also, an ultrasound scan to measure the size of the prostate gland and a uroflowmetry to ascertain the speed of the urinary flow will give a complete picture. If it is due to prostate enlargement, then simple daily medication should be effective if you have had symptoms only for a short duration.

|