Q. I am having urinary bladder distention with bladder wall thickening. Will Levofloxacin help me?

Dr. Shahil Khant
Published on Oct 20, 2019

I am a 59 years old male. I am suffering from urinary bladder distension with a bladder wall thickening of about 6 mm. My doctor advised me to take Levofloxacin. I would like to know whether it is the correct medicine to cure my problem.

Further, I am having cryptorchidism (both undescended testes). My ignorant parents did not correct it during my childhood, and I would like to know its present risk. Also, I have hypertension associated with hypercholesterolemia and hypertriglyceridemia. I am taking Cilnidipine 10 mg, Rosuvastatin 10 mg, Fenofibrate 150 mg and Clopidogrel 75 mg. I have hepatomegaly also. Please suggest me better alternatives.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

Do you have any urinary problems like straining, poor flow, etc.?

First, about your bladder distension with bladder wall thickening. This might indicate an infection in your bladder called Cystitis.

If you do not have any symptoms or problem, then it is better to get

1) urine routine and

2) Urine cultural and sensitivity test. If the infection is present on the above reports, then only you require antibiotics (Levofloxacin), otherwise no need.

Regarding your undescended testes, it is of bit concern. Where is it? Is it palpable just above your scrotum or not palpable at all?

But undescended testes does carry a risk of malignancy or torsion.

Doing surgery to keep the testes in the scrotum will not reduce the chances of complications like malignancy, but it will help to monitor your testes. So incase if any of the complication arises it will be identified early and treated accordingly. If the size of your testes is small, then it is better to remove it, as small testes means it is atrophic and not working with no hormone secretion.

You should also do serum testosterone at 8 am. This is to check whether your testes is functioning or not.

Can I lead a normal life with just one testis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I have only one testis. I have sexual feelings as a normal man would do. I am masturbating about once every week. Will a single testis cause any problem in the future? Recently, I had my first sex with my partner. At that time I was tensed and also had difficu...  Read Full >>

Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears you are having a condition called cryptorchidism in which one of the testes is not present in the scrotum. There could be one of the two possibilities, either your testis has not developed at all or it has developed normally but has failed to move into th...  Read Full

What should we do for our son's undescended testis?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 11 years old. He had undescended testis. The doctors found it diminishing, and they removed it through surgery. The other testis is still undescended. It is very small in size, and as per doctor the cord attached to it is small and hence cannot be brought down. Kindly advise.  Read Full >>

Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The child had undergone orchidectomy for 4 to 5 mm atrophic testis which is too small to have a function. Only preoperative imaging studies to document the size of palpable inguinal mass or testes is not available. The other testis needs to be brought into the scrotum a...  Read Full

What are the possible causes for fatigue that did not improve with TRT?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42-year-old male. I had undescended testes from childhood which went untreated (hence I had always been and am on single testis only). The undescended testis still lies in the groin. I used to feel fatigued most of the times over the years, due to which I had difficulty in conc...  Read Full >>

Dr. Smrita Singh
Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know as to why you are receiving testosterone replacement therapy. I know that you have mentioned that you have one undescended testis. But many men do not have any problem even when they have a single functional testis. Testosterone replacement thera...  Read Full