Levofloxacin

Why does running nose, sneezing and blocked nose happen?

Query: Hi doctor, I have bad running nose, sneezing and blocked nose in the morning for the last ten days. I have taken Augmentin 375 for five days. It improved a bit but again relapsed today. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Running nose can be due to upper respiratory tract infection. You can take tablet Allegra M (combination of Montelukast and Fexofenadine) twice daily for about three days. Warm water gargles ...  Read Full »

Will Levofloxacin help in urinary bladder distention with bladder wall thickening?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 59 years old male. I am suffering from urinary bladder distension with a bladder wall thickening of about 6 mm. My doctor advised me to take Levofloxacin. I would like to know whether it is the correct medicine to cure my problem. Further, I am having cryptorchidism (both unde...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any urinary problems like straining, poor flow, etc.? First, about your bladder distension with bladder wall thickening. This might indicate an infection in your bladder called Cystitis. If you do not have any symptoms or problem, then it is better to g...  Read Full »

Can Levaquin be used for gonorrhea?

Query: Hi doctor, I did IgG test for HSV-1 and HSV-2 after four months of possible exposure, which was negative. Is it conclusive? Is there any need to do IgM test? If IgG is negative, can I consider that I am not infected?  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The time required for IgG (immunoglobulin G) antibodies to develop after the exposure to HSV (herpes simplex virus) is usually 21 to 42 days. A negative HSV IgG means that you have probably not been exposed to HSV. HSV IgM (immunoglobulin M) will tell whether you have ...  Read Full »

Why is there a continuous rise in temperature despite taking antibiotics?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 71 years old. He had a fever for a week, and the temperature raised up to 104 during the night along with frequent urination. Two days ago, the fever came down to 98.4 for five hours but again increased to 102.3 despite taking the same antibiotics. He is taking tablet G...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and investigation (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your father has sepsis, and the antibiotics are inadequate because both Gudcef (Cefpodoxime) and Monocef (Ceftriaxone) belong to the same group and have the same mechanism of acti...  Read Full »

I have just one kidney, can I fast?

Query: Hi doctor, 8 months back, I was detected with kidney tumor and immediately had an operation. In that operation, one kidney was removed. My health has slowly improved and now doctors say that I am fine. I want to know, this year after 8 months, can I keep my roza during the month of ramzan? Is it adv...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would strongly advice you against fasting for ramzan. This is because, dehydration is not good for solitary kidney and you can end up landing in trouble. So, it is better if you avoid fasting hereafter. For further information consult a urologist online -->https:...  Read Full »

Can taking Levofloxacin for prostatitis cause permanent muscular and CNS effects?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29-year-old male. I have been complaining of symptoms of prostatitis for seven years with LUTS, fatigue, and pain as the main symptoms. The EPS shows more than 10 WBC per HPF and urine and prostatic cultures are negative. Semen culture was done twice in the last six months with th...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from chronic prostatitis. It is very difficult to treat. Ideally, prostatic massage and EPS or semen culture must be done. But, if you have an improvement with Levofloxacin, then you can take it. The side effects are if you take it for a very long d...  Read Full »

Can STD be the cause of discomfort in urethra after intercourse?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a weird feeling and discomfort around the opening of my penis for several months now. I have got both UTI and STD urine test done but everything came up negative. The discomfort lessened considerably a week or two, after which it is still around. I went again for another UTI a...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yours is one of the most common problems which I see in my outdoor department every day. It has different terminology amongst different clinicians such as urethritis, prostatitis, chronic pelvic pain syndrome, etc. Probable reasons are some irritation of nerves around th...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of taking levofloxacin and azithromycin tablets?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old male and I weigh 46 kg. Over the last seven months, I am suffering from fever along with chest and back pain. I also have body ache and little blocked nose but not runny nose. The mucus keeps coming out from my mouth. I have headache and I feel very tired. My stool is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. It is right that tablet Azithromycin might cause heart disorder like increased abnormal rhythm and this is seen usually in the elderly age group. At 19 years of age and if you have no known cardi...  Read Full »

I am suffering from fever, headache and cold since yesterday.

Query: Hello doctor, I have fever, headache, and cold from yesterday night. I took Paracetamol. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ayesha Naveed

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are most probably suffering from common cold and flu. The headache is due to sinusitis. I suggest you try taking the following: Tablet Panadol Extra (Paracetamol and Caffeine) after every 8 hours for three days. Tablet Fexet-D (Fexofenadine and Pseudoephe...  Read Full »

Kindly recommend a medicine for urine infection.

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from a urinary infection for the last one week. I am unable to control urine. But, no medication is taken yet. I am a 34 year old female. My height is 154 cm and weight 76 kg.  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.First get a complete urine examination done along with urine culture. Keep a good perineal hygiene.You may use some vaginal wash. I suggest you antibiotic like Levofloxacin along with tablet Darilong (Darifenacin) once a day to treat urine infection and control urine. Cons...  Read Full »