Undescended Testis

How long does an undescended testicle take to grow to the normal size after surgery?

Query: My child has a undescended testicle. He undergone surgery almost 10 months back. I can still feel this testicle is smaller when compared to other. Does this testicle not growing properly or it will take some time to grow normally?  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Undescended testes are notorious for this very reason. What you need to know is, it was an undescended testis in the first place probably because the testis was not normal. What am saying is, one of the causes for the testis to remain undescended is, that testis being abnormal. And abnormal ...  Read Full »

What is the chance of undescended testis to come down to its position in a newborn kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My 40-day-old son's left testis is undescended. Sonography shows his testis on the upper end of the inguinal canal. Please suggest whether it will come down naturally.  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the report you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the child has left-sided undescended testis. It is a common practice to wait until the baby is six months old before operating. There is a small chance that the testis might descend ...  Read Full »

Will undescended testis descend on their own in babies?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby boy was born after full term pregnancy by surgery. His birth weight is 3.75 kg.  But, his both testicles are undescended. What are the chances that his testicles will descend on its own? For how long should I wait before further treatment?  Read Full »

Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi

General Practitioner, Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most of the time in 98% cases, the testes will descend by 6 to 9 months of age. But, I want you to get an ultrasound done to check the presence of testes and its position. Revert back with the report to a paediatric surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-do...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of orchidopexy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old medical student. This year, I lost my right testis to testicular torsion, resulting from late diagnosis. As a precautionary measure, a contralateral orchidopexy was also done. This involving a part so intimately connected to me shattered me a lot and I am recoveri...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, relax and do not worry at all. We had done orchidectomy due to torsion in many patients. They are absolutely fine and doing well physically as well as mentally. Having one testis remaining is perfectly fine. You will have no problem regarding sperm pr...  Read Full »

Will Levofloxacin help in urinary bladder distention with bladder wall thickening?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 59 years old male. I am suffering from urinary bladder distension with a bladder wall thickening of about 6 mm. My doctor advised me to take Levofloxacin. I would like to know whether it is the correct medicine to cure my problem. Further, I am having cryptorchidism (both unde...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any urinary problems like straining, poor flow, etc.? First, about your bladder distension with bladder wall thickening. This might indicate an infection in your bladder called Cystitis. If you do not have any symptoms or problem, then it is better to g...  Read Full »

How to make both testicles the same size?

Query: Hello doctor, I had cryptorchidism surgery at the age of 9. Now, I am 24. My left testicle is 2.4 x 3.4 cm. My right testicle is 4.5 x 5.6 cm. I have been prescribed best tablets to increase the size of testis on the left side. Both my epididymides are out of testicles thus making them long. I am f...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have unequal testes. First of all, I would like to inform you that the most parable reason for the unequal size of testes is due to the very illness known as cryptorchidism. Unfortunately, there is no other treatment modality which can make the size of ...  Read Full »

Is surgery required for retractile testicles?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 3 years old and has retractile testicles. Is surgery generally required for this condition?  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For retractile testis, we can wait up to the age of 8 years. Usually, the testis descends by that age. If there are no complications and it is a proper retractile testis and not an undescended testis, then you can wait till the above age. However, continuous monitoring...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of undescended testicle repair surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My son who is 11 years old now has a undescended right testicle. Ultrasound determined that it was in the inguinal canal when he was 8 years old. We have been waiting for it to come down, but it has not. Does the surgery to correct the testicle improve fertility? Or does it lessen the c...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest that surgical correction should be done to bring it down as low as possible. Reason being, it permits self palpation of testis for early detection of any tumor. Frequent ultrasound is not feasible or practical to think of. Self palpation can be done every da...  Read Full »

Can an undescended testis cause infertility?

Query: Hello doctor, One of my testicles is not descended completely to the sac. I am 31 years old and not married yet. I have few queries regarding this. Do I need surgery? Does it affect fertility? Does it have any adverse effect on my sex life?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This condition is known as cryptorchidism (absence of one or both testes in the scrotum). If one of the testes has not descended as yet, then ideally it may have become dysfunctional already depending on the location of the testis, if it is still intra-abdominal or in ...  Read Full »

Is it possible to stay sexually active with one testis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I can remember that since I was about 11, my left testicle has always been high up in my scrotum. When I look down at my genitals, I cannot see my right testicle. But, my left one is clearly visible and starts at the same position next to my penis. I understand that one...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data you have posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Normally, right testis remain little higher up than the left, but in your case it is a little higher up. During the process of formation, testes are formed inside the abdo...  Read Full »