Q. Can you suggest some home remedies for face tan?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have been experiencing a very bad tan on my sun affecting regions over my body. I have been experiencing this since I got my chickenpox before six years. My skin has started to get darker every day since then. I have consulted a dermatologist and he suggested me to apply ointments like Lanalite and Golite, but nothing has given me any effective results. I think the lotion and ointments did not seem to work. In fact, the tan has only gotten darker. Please suggest me the necessary steps to be taken. My nose has lesser tan compared to other regions of my face. I am taking vitamin B12 along with Golite and Lanalite creams.

#

I have read your query in detail and do understand your concern.

• Your symptoms could be due to lichen planus pigmentosus (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Skin biopsy may be done to confirm the diagnosis.
  • Colchicine may give some results in LPP. You should take Colchicine only under guidance of your dermatologist, blood tests like hemogram and LFT should be done after three months.
  • Gastric side effects are common with this drug.
  • Nd:Yag Q-switched laser may be tried for hyperpigmentation.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thank you for your reply doctor,

Can you suggest me some home remedies for this problem? And is there any use of taking medicines?

#

• There is no such home remedies. Just stay protected for sun and apply sunscreen regularly.
  • You can apply Mometasone cream for 15 days only once at night time and then stop.
  • Do not apply it longer, as it may have its own side effects.
  • After that, you may apply Kojivit plus cream (Kojic acid) over the face.
  • As I said, Colchicine may have some effect in some patients. Other than that, other medications do not have much effect.

|