Q. Can you suggest some home remedies for face tan?

Answered by
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

I have been experiencing a very bad tan on my sun affecting regions over my body. I have been experiencing this since I got my chickenpox before six years. My skin has started to get darker every day since then. I have consulted a dermatologist and he suggested me to apply ointments like Lanalite and Golite, but nothing has given me any effective results. I think the lotion and ointments did not seem to work. In fact, the tan has only gotten darker. Please suggest me the necessary steps to be taken. My nose has lesser tan compared to other regions of my face. I am taking vitamin B12 along with Golite and Lanalite creams.



Welcome to

I have read your query in detail and do understand your concern.

  • Your symptoms could be due to lichen planus pigmentosus (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Skin biopsy may be done to confirm the diagnosis.
  • Colchicine may give some results in LPP. You should take Colchicine only under guidance of your dermatologist, blood tests like hemogram and LFT should be done after three months.
  • Gastric side effects are common with this drug.
  • Nd:Yag Q-switched laser may be tried for hyperpigmentation.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->

Thank you for your reply doctor,

Can you suggest me some home remedies for this problem? And is there any use of taking medicines?



Welcome back to

  • There is no such home remedies. Just stay protected for sun and apply sunscreen regularly.
  • You can apply Mometasone cream for 15 days only once at night time and then stop.
  • Do not apply it longer, as it may have its own side effects.
  • After that, you may apply Kojivit plus cream (Kojic acid) over the face.
  • As I said, Colchicine may have some effect in some patients. Other than that, other medications do not have much effect.

For further information consult a dermatologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I am just fed up with my dark complexion. Please prescribe me some skin whitening product.

Hello doctor, My mother's reports are as follows: She has grade 3 fatty liver. SGPT and SGOT are also not normal. What should we do now? I need suggestions on what to eat and drink.   Read full

Sunprotection and Sunscreens : All you need to know about this!

Use protective sunscreen with Sun Protection factor (SPF) of at least 30, preferably 50 ... Proper Use of Sunscreens and Importance of SPF : Why, When and How Sunscreens should be regularly used for the following reasons: ...   Read full

How can I remove dark patches due to jock itch?

.. the skin usually heal with hyperpigmentation. This post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is tough to resolve and would take years to go completely. However, creams containing Kojic acid do help to quicken the recovery twice daily for three months. ...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»
Importance of Sex Hormones - Types, Functions, Normal Ranges, and Roles
Sex hormones are steroids produced in the body that control sexual development, pregnancy, and overall health. Read belo...  Read more»
Fallopian Tubes - Anatomy, Function, and Diseases Affecting It
Fallopian tubes are important structures of the female reproductive tract. This article discusses the same below.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.