Q. I got fever, lots of blisters and hair fall. What can be used at the earliest?

Dr. Chaitra Prakash
Published on Apr 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 34 year old female. I had severe fever and body ache before a week. I had a rash before days. Then the next daI got a few more rashes and then a lot of blisters all over. I did not scratch them. I just applied Lactocalamine lotion on the dots. I was taking Azithromycin and Acyclovir 400 DT. I was also taking vitamin E and A. The scabs were formed and came off maybe when sleeping on the pillow. The pink layer of skin is reflected under the scab. I had flawless skin before this. Will the marks leave a scar or only spots will be formed with these? I have attached closeup pictures. What should be applied to the skin spots? Can I apply any collagen boosting cream or Mederma? How much time will it take to bring back the flawless skin naturally? What can be used to remove spots at the earliest? I had many on the scalp too. I have moderate hair fall. Follihair is not helping me. Kindly suggest.

#

Chickenpox rash may take a course between 5 to 15 days (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is advisable not to pick the scabs.

You can continue with Lactocalamine. Once the scabs fall off, you could start using sunscreen lotion during the day and a skin lightening cream like Demelan (Glycolic acid and Kojic acid) to the spots.

Depressed scars are common after chickenpox, mostly if the blisters were big and deep or if you try to pick with nails.

Scars can be treated with chemical peels or lasers later on.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

From my pictures, do you think these will cause pitted scars?

#

The pictures attached still show fresh lesions. It is not possible to predict which of the lesions may leave a scar.

Scarring is a phenomenon which occurs after the healing of lesions. It is only possible to advise on the ways of reducing scars, as I mentioned earlier.

As far hair is concerned, chickenpox is a viral infection, and hair fall may continue for a couple of months following the episode.

Hair fall is reversible and may take another three to four months to restore lost hair. You could wait till all lesions heal from scabs before you start hair serums or skin creams. Vitamin supplements can help faster healing.

Does hair fall stop immediately with the use of Proscar?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been on Rogaine for 6 years and now on Proscar for 10 days. I had used it before, but went off. I cannot tell if I am still losing hair or not. Does hair loss stop immediately once Proscar is used?  Read Full »

Why is my face darker than the rest of my body?

Query: Hello doctor, The color of the skin on my face is too dark when compared to the skin on my nose, cheeks, and rest of my body. How can I restore the original color on my face?  Read Full »

Is hair fall common after a surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, Last year, I noticed hair fall. Then, I had a surgery for appendix and post surgery my hair fall increased severely. I have checked vitamin D, B12 and ferritin levels. Everything is normal. Since, I am a vegetarian my doctor put me on some multivitamin tablets. I am also taking biotin tab...  Read Full »