Q. What are those dark lesions I have on my thigh?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 16, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 02, 2020

I have had first larger and dark lesion that is bump behind my left knee, since I do not know when, but it certainly not since birth. I noticed it before two to three year and from that time the lesion is the same and has no pain.

Now, there is this another small lesion have appeared on the left leg and thigh. When I lay on my side, It is a kind of makes my left leg ache. Kindly let me know if I should panic.

#

• The darker one is the lesion of lichen sclerosus chronicus. For this, you may apply Tenovate GN cream (combination of Clobetasol Propionate and Neomycin sulfate) over it twice daily for two weeks.
  • The skin colored lesion may be an acquired nevus. A skin biopsy is required for confirmation.
  • Biopsy is more important if it suddenly changes the size and character. Otherwise, it is a benign lesion and nothing needs to be done.
  • Pain is not a symptom of these lesions, but may be coincidental.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|