Q. Will Jupicef tablet be effective to treat a boil on the vulva?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 18, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 26, 2021

I have got a boil on my vulva, and it is paining when I sit or walk. Currently, I am taking Jupicef 500 mg tablet for a throat infection. Kindly tell me if this will rectify the boil as well.

#

• It will help but, it is not a very effective antibiotic.
  • For boils, I suggest you try taking the following. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.
  1. Capsule Augmentin (combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg, three times a day.
  2. Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg, before breakfast, once a day for a week.
  3. Neosporin (Neomycin sulfate) powder, thrice a day for local application for five days.
  4. Tab Dolo (Paracetamol) 650 or tablet Diclofenac 50 mg or tablet Ibuprofen 400 mg, twice a day. It will help relieve the pain.

Hope this helps you, and get back if you have any doubts.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|