Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Kindly suggest some methods to anesthetize lower molar teeth other than inferior alveolar block.

Query: Hi doctor, I started to have pain in the left top part of the jaw for two days. I took Azithromycin for it and the pain went away. After that, I started to have pain on the right top part with swelling. The doctor worked on the right upper part with topical Articaine and I do not had pain. He worke...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to In the lower molar extraction, inferior alveolar nerve block has to be given properly and it has to be given very close to the bone at the correct point. For root stumps, an infiltration of Lidocaine can be given directly to the roots after inserting the needle along th...  Read Full »

Is there any medication to increase my ejection duration?

Query: Hello doctor, I think it is pretty clear that I have PE. I do not usually last more than 30 seconds after penetration, sometimes 45 seconds. Is there a pill I can take? I am married for two years now, and it is frustrating for both of us. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil


Answer: Hi, Welcome to PE (premature ejaculation) is a frustrating issue with about 49-50% of people. There are a few ways to treat it. 1. Behavioral. 2. Medical therapy. Behavioral therapy is by coitus interruptus means when you start intercourse, you can stop before you ejaculate until ...  Read Full »

What causes fleshy growth outside anus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female with no past medical history. I experienced constipation for some days, and I saw blood in my stools. I found this small fleshy growth on the anus, which hurts after passing motion. The pain ceases after a few hours. This fleshy growth retracts inside when I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen your attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It shows old hemorrhoids called as skin tags. This picture, along with the pain that you are describing is suggestive of anal fissure. This is a tear in the wall of the anus, at the bas...  Read Full »

Why dentists do not use Bupivacaine for nerve block?

Query: Hi doctor, Is there a reason why dentists typically do not use Bupivacaine for nerve block for dental procedures? So far, only one dentist used it for me. While it had a slow onset, I was pain free for almost 8 hours. I did not need to take as many narcotic analgesics afterwards. I have really sever...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah


Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your query and understand it. As you are working in pharmacy, I would like to inform you that Bupivacaine is a long acting, local amide and local anesthetic agent. It is a chemical analogue of Mepivacaine with high lipid solubility and protein binding ...  Read Full »

Please advise regarding my wife's inflation and painful defecation.

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, my wife had some small wounds inside the anal area. For bleeding, she got Shield ointment from general physician. Lately, a small inflation is seen in anal tract and it is painful while defecating. It has been there for the past three months. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Looks like anal fissure, which means cuts in the skin lining of the anus. It generally happens due to constipation. This leads to pain while passing stools. Many times piles are associated with this condition and it leads to bleeding and swelling in the perianal area....  Read Full »

How can you get a mole removed?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small, flat mole on my nose bridge. How can I remove it? Please recommend the best method with your professional advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen your query and concern. With your descriptions, since mole is flat means you have a superficial melanocytic nevus. If you want to get it removed, then I would recommend you shave excision under local anesthesia by a dermatologist. This procedure has very goo...  Read Full »

How should I use Lidocaine to numb the pressure due to retainers?

Query: Hello doctor, I am trying to use Lidocaine spray to numb the pressure sensation I get from wearing my retainer. Could you please tell me how to properly use Lidocaine spray without numbing my whole mouth and tongue? I just want to target the lower jaw.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I should recommend you revisit your Dentist to get it adjusted. The retainer might be too tight ,it should not be as tight to take a numbing spray (Lidocaine). For now if you are using a numbing spray there is no way you can stop numbing your tongue in as you cann...  Read Full »

Can I put Lidocaine viscous 2 % oral topical solution in ear for pain?

Query: Hello doctor, Can I put Lidocaine viscous 2 % oral topical solution qualitest in ear for pain?  Read Full »

Dr. Shyam Kalyan N

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Please do not put Lidocaine 2 % viscous into ear for pain. First of all, ear pain can be due to multiple reasons. The causes of ear pain are as follows: 1. Localized causes: External ear: pinna, ear canal, Middle ear cleft: eustachian tube, facial nerve, mastoid cav...  Read Full »

Are hormonal test and semen test necessary for diagnosing PE?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34-year-old male. I do not have any diseases or ailments. I am married for 10 years with two children. My wife is 34 years old with no diseases. I am suffering from PE for the past 6-12 months and use OTC desensitizing (Lidocaine) spray which has wonderfully worked until now. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I do not get what SM profile is? In most cases, it is not hormonal so I would never suggest my patients to go for it. For providing you the proper treatment I need to know the answers to the following questions. What is your age? How long you had been in physical...  Read Full »

Is the painful swelling near anus a hemorrhoid?

Query: Hello doctor, I was suffering a lot with pain, discomfort and not concentrating on my studies, a small pimple like structure raised at my anal section. I think it is haemorrhoid. When I am making bowel movement, I was suffering a lot. Please help in solving this issue.  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Based on your description, it might be haemorrhoid or perianal abscess. If it is in a lower grade, some medical therapy may be proven to ease the pain and inflammation. But a medical consultation would be neccessary to determine that condition. Anyway, you can try a...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.