Q. What is the painful swelling near anus?

Dr. Eriol Braholli
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 25, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 28, 2019

I was suffering a lot with pain, discomfort and not concentrating on my studies, a small pimple like structure raised at my anal section. I think it is haemorrhoid. When I am making bowel movement, I was suffering a lot. Please help in solving this issue.

Dr. Eriol Braholli

General Medicine General Surgery Internal Medicine
#

Based on your description, it might be haemorrhoid or perianal abscess. If it is in a lower grade, some medical therapy may be proven to ease the pain and inflammation. But a medical consultation would be neccessary to determine that condition.

Anyway, you can try a local cream containing Betamethasone and Lidocaine twice daily. A stool softener such as Lactulose would help for an easier and less painful bowel movement. Keep a watery diet with soups and high fibers foods. Have plenty of liquids. Sitz baths would help a lot. If it is an abscess, an antibiotic can be started. Continue this medication for about two weeks. If no improvement, the surgical solution must be taken into consideration. Take care and best wishes.

| 

I got internal hemorrhoids and now bleeding on passing stools. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am in a situation that I cannot go to any hospital for the next three weeks. That is why I am seeking help from online. I am a 27 year old female and I got internal hemorrhoids and a small grape-like clump on my bum which I got long, long ago. A month ago I got constipation and this led ...  Read Full »

I saw blood in my stool, and I have a small lump in my anus. Any home remedies?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. Last week, I suddenly saw blood in my stool, and I have a small lump in my anus. I consulted a doctor, and she gave me Dulcoflex and an ointment. It was fine for 10 days, but now again I feel that lump and saw blood in the stool. What could be the reason? Ar...  Read Full »

My 8 months old baby has trouble in passing stools. What can I do to improve his constipation?

Query: Hello doctor,My baby boy is 8 months old and has trouble in passing stools. With Laxatives, doctor prescribed he is passing hard stools once in four to five days, and he is crying while passing stools. What can I do to improve his constipation? And what diet changes do I need to make? Currently, I a...  Read Full »

Ask a General Surgeon Now