Linea Alba

Can misaligned teeth cause hyperkeratinization of the cheek?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband has been worrying about some areas in his mouth. He is a non-smoker and has a missing third molar on the bottom and upper two molars on top of the side where the lines are located. He has spots in the mouth due to misaligned teeth. This started happening when he had his upper ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Those lines are not at all dangerous. Do not worry. They are hyperkeratinization lines that occur due to constant irritation by the movement of teeth against the cheeks while chewing. The exact contact point becomes thick and usually take such whitish color due to hi...  Read Full »

What is linea alba on the cheek?

Query: Hello doctor, I have white¬†lining on both sides of inner cheek between lower and upper teeth from the last three months. l feel raised line when I wake up in the morning. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Menon

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is quite normal. Unless you have pain and irritation at the area. This is called linea alba. In case you get itching and pain, then please consult your dentist for physical evaluation. For further doubts consult a dentist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-do...  Read Full »

I have three white patches under my tongue. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor,I have three white patches under my tongue. They are in a row right below the side of my tongue, moderate ulcer under one of them and it looks like dead skin, while the other two are not painful. The veins along the sides of my mouth are also white and swollen.  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is called the linea alba. These lines most commonly run along with the occlusal plane. Kindly mention if you ever had or currently has any habit or family history of oral or systematic illness or disease. Linea alba is asymptomatic and harmless in itself and resol...  Read Full »

I feel a dry spot on the inside of my cheek. Does it suggest oral cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male. For about three weeks, I have felt a dry spot inside of my cheek. It has a metallic taste. When I run my finger over it, it feels a little rough, and there are some skin peeling and bleeding. It looks like I can see a tiny little zit. It does not hurt.  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and can see two areas of redness that is probably inflammation and a white line that is linea alba and is harmless. There is nothing else significant seen in the pictures. However, I can see...  Read Full »