Q. Why do I feel like a muscle gets pulled when I lift the left side of my lip?

Dr. Akmal Albert Asham Abdelmalek
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 05, 2021

While lifting my left side of my lip, I feel to have muscle pulling. It is present only on the left side of my nose. My face and mouth are not drooping. I cannot see any red or white spots and there is no pain. I feel weird. It got started before a week and I do not smoke.

#

Your symptoms look strange. If your lip moves involuntarily, then you can have a muscle twitching due to intake of more caffeine. If you have tingling, then it can be an early sign of recurrent herpes infection. But it lasts for a few days before the appearance of vesicles. You can have a spasm in your lip muscles and so try hot pads on your lip to relax the muscles. If you take a lot of caffeine, reduce your consumption and eat foods rich in potassium like bananas. If you start to have tingling or redness in that area, you need to consult your doctor for having antiviral medicines. There are other rare possibilities and it is uncommon to occur in your case. Seek medical attention if there is no improvement.

|