Q. What medicines can effectively treat cough and sneezing?

Dr. Atul Sardar Narayankar

I am having cough and sneezing from yesterday. I went out in the night in cold weather. I am having sneezing and cough now. Please suggest me medicines.

#

This looks like a viral rhinitis.

I suggest you consider taking tab Sinarest (Caffeine, Chlorpheniramine, Paracetamol, and Phenylephrine) twice a day for three to five days.

Take salt water gargles with warm water.

Also, I would suggest you take three days of oral antibiotic.

Azithromycin 500 mg once a day for three days would suffice. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicine.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Can you suggest any syrup along with the above because it is difficult to sleep at night because of bronchitis?

#

If you are having a dry cough then try syrup Tossex (Chlorpheniramine and Codeine).

If it is with expectoration, you can try syrup Ascoril (Phenylephrine, Chlorpheniramine, and Dextromethorphan) or Mucolite (Ambroxol) two tablespoon three times a day.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above medicines.

|