Q. What are the symptoms of listeria?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
This is a premium question & answer published on May 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 13, 2020

I am 33 weeks pregnant now. I had slight fever and muscle aches recently. I am scared about listeria while pregnant. Could you please tell me the symptoms of listeria? Also if it is listeria, how long will it take to affect the baby? I need some advice about listeria please.

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Symptoms of mild listeriosis include fever, muscle ache, nausea and diarrhea. Rarely in severe cases, there is meningitis.
  • You should have a history of taking infected raw milk, cheese, vegetables or meat.
  • You should proceed to your doctor as you need blood tests if you suspect you are having this along with a history of exposure.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|