Q. I do not have any friends and feeling alone. Please help.

Dr. Aditya Gupta
Published on Feb 21, 2017

I feel that I cannot make friends. My friends keep themselves away from me. They get bored of me and avoiding me. I feel lonely and depressed. What to do?

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatry Sexology
#

• What others do is not in our control. We can only work on ourselves.
  • In fact, a real friend is one who accepts you as you are; otherwise, it does not matter if they are not your friends.
  • You just try to be assertive and practice relaxation techniques like yoga and pranayama, which will help to vent away from the stress.
  • Pursue your hobbies and focus on your life goals. If still, you feel lonely, then talk to a family member as they are always our best friend.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 

Why am I often getting mouth sores?

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting sores in my mouth when I eat anything. Also, I get the feeling in my mouth as if I am eating something sour and it is annoying. I get it around the same time every year for a couple of occasions. It usually starts around my exams. I am a 15 year old female. My height is 158 c...  Read Full »

Article Overview: This article discusses ADHD, whether it is a real condition, features of ADHD, how to recognize and manage this common condition, and why ADHD should be treated. Read Article

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

I have met several people, including some doctors, who are skeptical about ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and question the sudden rise in the number of young people being diagnosed with this condition. I believe that ADHD has always been there, but previously, it was not well recogn...  Read Article

Postpartum Depression

Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress...  Read Article