Q. My mother has dry cough with sweating at night time. Does it indicate a post covid complication?

Dr. Nasir
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 09, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 10, 2021

I am asking for advice on behalf of my mother. She got a positive result for COVID-19 before a month. She took medicines for five days and then, she was in quarantine. Now it has been a month. But she has some symptoms and we are not sure whether it is associated with COVID-19. She has sweating during nighttime, headache, and dry cough every day. Kindly advice.

#

I have gone through your problem. COVID-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2) can show a lot of symptoms even after the infection gets cleared. The major symptom that lasts for a long time is a dry cough. It remains for a long time even after the infection gets cleared in the body. As lungs get affected with COVID-19, there is formation of fibrosis. They become thick causing a dry cough. If your mother has a saturation of more than 92%, then there is nothing to be worried. If she has a fever with a productive cough, then it needs investigations further.

Your mother can have lung fibrosis.

It can be decided after answering my questions.

|