Q. Why is my baby having continuous watery stools?

Dr. Amit Kumar Modi

My baby child is of one month and 10 days old. Actually, she had fever two days earlier but fever is fine now after consulting doctors. Now, she is having a continuous watery stool for last two days. But watery stool is continued. She is not sleeping at all.

#

As your baby is only one month 10 days old, very less medication is recommended in this age. Continue to breastfeed, watch for adequate urine output. ORS (oral rehydration solution) solution to be only given if urine output is low. You can also give Econorm (Saccharomyces Boulardi) sachet half sachet twice daily diluted in milk. For your information, a baby on breastfeeding may pass slight curdish stool which is golden yellow in color. It can be as frequently as the feed is being given. This is normal. It improves when the baby is four months of age.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|