Q. I get bad diarrhea attacks, especially in summer. Would you give me a solution?

Dr. Sunil Sekhri

I am an 18 year old female. I have been having problems with my digestion and intestines since two years. I get real bad diarrhea attacks and it usually happens in the summer, especially when there is a breeze or wind. So, I always have to cover up my belly and wear lots of clothes in the summer. Would you please give me a solution?

#

Most diarrhea are viral in origin and do not require any treatment except for ORS (oral rehydration solution). But, to rule out bacterial infection, get your stool tested for three consecutive days when you have diarrhea and send me the reports.

Also, note any relation with a type of food that leads to diarrhea.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

| 

Why does my baby poop frequently with gas?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 1-month-old daughter. For the past two days, she passes the poop with more gas. I am breastfeeding her (no top milk). She has developed a rash over her genital area. Can you suggest something for her gas problem and frequently pooping with gas? I think pooping frequently causes ...  Read Full »

My 20 months old daughter has diarrhea and vomiting, and has not peed since afternoon. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 20 months old daughter did not pee last week for above 24 hours, the next day she did pee, but also vomited. On the same day, she was having a fever of 102 F, so we went to the pediatrician. He gave Vomitab, Calpol, and an antibiotic injection. From the past three days, the urine ou...  Read Full »

Is it safe to use Oflox OZ in an infant for severe loose stools?

Query: Hello doctor, My kid is 11 months old and he had more than 20 loose motions in one day today. He has never had this kind of a severe problem. In his bad days, he might have had 10 motions but they were not as loose and watery as today. He is currently on Taxim O, Sporlac, and En...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Family Physician Now