Q. I feel like my teeth are loose and moving in front. Please help.

Dr. Subha
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 02, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jul 31, 2019

I feel like my teeth are loose and moving in front. It looks like my tongue is pushing them forward. When I look in the mirror, I can notice that one of my teeth has shifted. I do not know what happened and I am really scared. I try to brush my teeth at least once a day. Please help.

Dr. Subha

Dentistry
#

The feeling of teeth moving forward might be due to the following:

• The eruption of the wisdom teeth - the force exerted by eruptingtooth pushes the rest of the teeth forward.
  • Periodontitis - gum disease that causes migration of the teeth.
  • Mouth breathing - breathing through the mouth instead of the nose due to a nose block.
  • Tongue thrusting habit - tongue pressure pushes the teeth forward.

Tips for good oral hygiene:

1. Brush twice daily.
  2. Rinse your mouth thoroughly soon after every meal.
  3. Visit a dentist once every six months.

For further follow up attach pictures of your oral cavity to a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

Is it necessary to get wisdom teeth removed?

Query: Hello doctor, I have wisdom tooth. Is it necessary to remove it?  Read Full »

Esthetic Era - Treatment for Midline Diastema

Article Overview: In this article, we will discuss various treatment options for a gap in upper front teeth, medically known as midline diastema. Read Article

What Is Midline Diastema? Midline diastema is the gap present between the upper front teeth irrespective of spacing present between the lower front teeth. If the gap present between the upper front teeth is more than 0.5 mm proximally, space is visible between the upper central incisors. Usually, ...  Read Article

Please give a solution for an infected tooth.

Query: Hi doctor, My right tooth is infected. I have done a filling in the tooth before two years. Now, the infection has spread to the roots. I am unable to use the right side because of this problem. Please tell me the solution.  Read Full »