Q. I feel like my teeth are loose and moving in front. Please help.

Dr. Subha
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 02, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I feel like my teeth are loose and moving in front. It looks like my tongue is pushing them forward. When I look in the mirror, I can notice that one of my teeth has shifted. I do not know what happened and I am really scared. I try to brush my teeth at least once a day. Please help.

#

The feeling of teeth moving forward might be due to the following:

• The eruption of the wisdom teeth - the force exerted by eruptingtooth pushes the rest of the teeth forward.
  • Periodontitis - gum disease that causes migration of the teeth.
  • Mouth breathing - breathing through the mouth instead of the nose due to a nose block.
  • Tongue thrusting habit - tongue pressure pushes the teeth forward.

Tips for good oral hygiene:

1. Brush twice daily.
  2. Rinse your mouth thoroughly soon after every meal.
  3. Visit a dentist once every six months.

For further follow up attach pictures of your oral cavity to a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|