Q. Will Loratadine help to cure delayed ejaculation caused due to SSRI?

Dr. Yousef Abbas

I am a 28-year-old male. I read an article in which Loratadine has been used to treat delayed ejaculation caused by SSRI was given. I have delayed ejaculation caused due to Escitalopram 20 mg (taken for Obsessive-compulsive disorder). I would like to know the mechanism of action of Loratadine in improving ejaculation.

#

You can continue taking SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) as prescribed by your doctor. I understand your situation that it is not pleasant to have delayed or no ejaculation due to SSRI. But on the other hand, imagine all the paralyzed men or those men who do not masturbate due to religious reasons. They also go through this situation. I also heard about Loratadine and I strongly warn you. Escitalopram can prolong the QT time of your heart. For men, it should be less than 450 mg. Antihistamines like Loratadine can make this situation worse and in some men, it can cause a life-threatening condition. I have never met anyone on SSRI who used Loratadine with success. I can understand your situation and we must accept things that are difficult.

|