Ssri

SSRI refers to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It is a class of drugs used to treat major depressive disorder and anxiety.

How to provide relief for my mom's back pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My 68 years old mother is having severe back pain since last few months. Whenever she stands up for some time, her back pain starts, and it goes down to the entire legs. It becomes so intolerable that she has to sit down somewhere immediately to avoid pain, and she gets relief after sh...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your mother's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your mother seems to be suffering from radiculopathy, due to nerve compression as a result of disc prolapse. The treatment of this problem needs patience and takes a long time. For pain,...  Read Full »

I am not able to decide about my career. Do I need psychiatric consultation?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 30 year old male. At present, I am struggling to make a move in my career. I have been sitting idle for about eight months and I am confused about which career direction to take. I want to play according to my strength. I am not able to decide about it. I keep changing my decision o...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Indecisiveness could be occurring due to underlying mood disturbance, but to make an exact diagnosis of the problem a detailed evaluation is needed. You are not working for last eight months and struggling in your career. It could be due ...  Read Full »

My 30-year-old suffers from an anxiety disorder. Is it curable with medicines?

Query: Hello doctor, My 30 year old daughter is suffering from anxiety disorder and washes her hands two to three times, as she fails to remember. Also, she faces the same problem during a bath. But with reasoning, she is trying to overcome. We are trying hard by talking to her to reduce her fear and compu...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it appears to be a case of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). It can be treated with both medications and psychotherapy, although the best result is when both modalities are combined. Fluoxetine is a relatively safer drug considering future pr...  Read Full »

My husband belittles me to avoid going out anywhere. How to change this one?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it normal to not want to be anywhere near your husband? He is not abusive in any way, he just belittles everyone around him. I do not want to go to work or anywhere, I just want to stay home while he is not at home. I am unhappy and I do not feel like myself. I just want to feel no...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It is painful to have such feeling. Before going into the details, I would like to know few details. He is not abusive, but is there any particular dispute between both of you? You have mentioned that he belittles everyone. Does he belitt...  Read Full »

When I hear the word 'not,' my mind starts having negative emotions. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Since the last six years, whenever I read or hear the word 'not', my mind becomes a pool of negative emotions. I feel heavy headed and lose focus, after this, I cannot read with a free mind. This 'not' word is stuck in my mind. Once or twice during my exams, I took SSRI for a mont...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Your symptoms are occurring due to some intrusive thoughts or anxiety. These intrusive thoughts are a part of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and should be evaluated. As you are a doctor, you must be aware of obsessive compulsive diso...  Read Full »

Please suggest a cure for problems related to GERD and gastritis with sleep disturbances.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 54 years with a weight of 62 kilograms and a height of five feet. I have these symptoms for the past five months. I have anorexia with loss of appetite. I have dyspepsia with difficulty in swallowing food and water. I have an acidic burn with an outcome of mucin. I have GERD. I have...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The important things are pangastritis, solitary rectal ulcer, and anemia. As you have persistent problems related to GERD and gastritis, then this can be resolved by taking dru...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicine to lessen sudden mood swings and control anger.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27-year-old female with a weight of 82 kilograms. I want to know whether I am mentally ill. I get angry even for tiny things. I feel annoyed. I easily burst like a volcano. My hands become trembled when I become anxious. There are times where I feel that I know everything, and I...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the information provided here, there is no evidence of any severe mental health disorder. You have mentioned that your uncle has schizophrenia. Your symptoms do not indicate schizophrenia. You seem to have emotional problems. You have problems with anger ma...  Read Full »

How to overcome social anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I searched the symptoms of social anxiety online, and I think I have it. I am a student, and it has been affecting my daily life, especially my school life. I struggle to have new friends and do tasks that require social interaction, like class presentations. I tried changing my behavior...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. This is very common, and about 10 to 15 percent of people have this problem. It is also very easily treatable. You will need to visit a psychiatrist, and he will prescribe you SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) type of medicines ...  Read Full »

Why does my pupil move to the corner of the eyes when I try to focus in class?

Query: Hi doctor, My pupil moves involuntarily towards the corner of my eyes when I sit in class and while trying to focus on my class. When I try to focus on the blackboard, I have strain in my brain and I have difficulty in breathing. I am having this issue for a year. This happens even when anyone si...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.This is called stress-induced nystagmus. There is an involuntary movement of eyeballs when you fall conscious of people around you. It happens due to reduced levels of neurotransmitters such as serotonin. It helps in reducing the stress-handling capacity of the brain. You c...  Read Full »

Please suggest the best medicine for my psychological disorders.

Query: Hi doctor,I would like to know some treatment recommendations for my condition. I have bipolar disorder type II, social and generalized disorder, and panic disorder. I am having depression for a year. My hypomania is very mild and short-lived. I am afraid to get out of my home due to my constant anx...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your anxiety symptoms, you have tried taking SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) and SNRI (serotonin-norephedrine reuptake inhibitor) class of medications. I suggest you try taking TCA (tricyclic antidepressants) class of antidepressants like Ami...  Read Full »