Ssri

SSRI refers to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It is a class of drugs used to treat major depressive disorder and anxiety.

Are there any alternatives for SSRI medications for my anxiety issues?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with general anxiety disorder & panic issues and have been on Cipralex 10mg and Paroxetine CR 25 mg for the past eight years. The SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake Inhibitor) medications I take seem to help, but I still have anxiety and OCD (obsessive compuls...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasan Vazhoor Ramsingh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read and understood your query and can understand your concern. We have GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) agonists under the category of drugs called Benzodiazepines which are used for short-term management of anxiety symptoms but are not recommended for long-term use a...  Read Full »

What are the long term side effects of Dapoxetine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I have a problem of premature ejaculation. I have read 30 mg Dapox is effective for treatment of premature ejaculation. Can I start with od dose of Dapox? And for how long should I continue the medicine? Are there any long term side effects of Dapox? Can I take Duralast...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At your age, it is unusual to have premature ejaculation (PME). PME is caused when intravaginal ejaculation time is less than a minute. And there is lack of satisfaction from coitus. Yes, Depox (Dapoxetine) is an effective drug for premature ejaculation (PME). T...  Read Full »

How can post-SSRI sexual dysfunction (PSSD) be cured?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male, and I took Lexapro for two months when I was 20 years old. And then quit abruptly, because every time I would sleep for a very long time without dreaming, and also wake up feeling bad. It has been three years now, and my sexual functioning and libido have gone...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P. Singh Solanki

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your symptoms and side effects of the medications. The symptoms you mentioned above are showing that you are suffering from dysthymia and moderate depression. Depression itself is a cause of poor sexual drive. Lexapro tha...  Read Full »

I have heart palpitations and skipped beats. Is it because of the Zoloft I take?

Query: Hi doctor, I started having heart palpitations and skipped beats three years ago. I was on Lexapro at the time, and I learned that SSRIs could impair heart rhythm. I quit using Lexapro and have been seeing Psychiatrists find a medication that works for me. Now, I am on Zoloft 50 mg and still have sk...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your challenges. Often, people develop a notion that they suffer from heart diseases because of their experiences with palpitations and skipping a beat. But rarely, that is not the case. Most of the time, they are not due to heart issues but benign...  Read Full »

Why am I always obsessed with sexual thoughts and anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from OCD, specifically ROCD. I feel anxious all the time, and I have a thought of being with my partner always. Moreover, when I see a woman, I am attracted easily and thinking about her consequently. I feel the urge to tell my partner about it. In my past, I wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand that you are feeling challenged by these OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) symptoms. By nature, OCD tends to wax and wane in response to life's stressors. OCD can be managed by a combination of medication, CBT (cognitive behavior therapy), and lif...  Read Full »

My mom was treated for trigeminal neuralgia, with no relief. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My 58 year old mother has a history of trigeminal neuralgia from the past four years. She was initially treated with Carbamazepine, but she had a severe allergic reaction, due to which it was stopped. Oxcarbazepine was tried, and it caused allergy too. Pregabalin, phenytoin, and sod...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have tried all the possible treatments. I would suggest trying a medicine known as Tapentadol at doses of 50 mg twice daily, along with Gabapentin 600 mg per day. Consider radiofrequency ablation or alcohol injection into the nerve again, if no r...  Read Full »

I am developing withdrawal symptoms of Paroxetine. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male, and I am a doctor. From the past year, I have been suffering from delayed onset sleep disorder, I sleep at 4 AM and wake up after noon. I saw a psychiatrist, and he put me on Melatonin, Modafinil, and Zolfresh. But I am still unable to sleep at the desired time, a...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P. Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for this query. I can understand your concern regarding your delayed onset insomnia. Sleep is very important for a good mental health. Sleep disturbances can cause depression and vice versa I have read your history carefully. You are suffering fr...  Read Full »

Is Prozac a better alternative for Paroxetine?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from severe anxiety disorder for the past two years. It all started with a severe panic attack then I was diagnosed with acute hypochondriac. I have been always worrying about my heart health and fearing that any time I may get an attack. This has reduced my quality ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Hypochondriasis is a serious anxiety condition which cause severe symptoms and fear about health condition. Both Paroxetine and Prozac (Fluoxetine) are the drugs belonging to SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor...  Read Full »

Why do I have dryness in my eyes after laser surgery in the eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. 17 years ago, I began experiencing high levels of anxiety and depression. I was put on Zoloft. After about five years, I was moved to Lexapro as Zoloft was not working. After being on Lexapro for five years, I was moved to Pristiq. After 5 years on Pristiq, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It is true that SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) make the person emotionally blunt when on a long term use. In your case, SSRI (Zoloft and Lexapro) and Pristiq (Desvenlafaxine) are ineffective ...  Read Full »

I smoke weed. Kindly help me to get rid of the habit.

Query: Hi doctor, I do not trust girls. I have had relationship issues, as I was betrayed by the girl I love. I also have a weed problem, and I am a dropout from college. Please help me get over these issues.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is more of a generalized thought that all the girls are not trustworthy just because a girl betrayed you. You are taking weed. Please specify the duration and daily dose. You need a help of a psychiatrist, as a thorough evaluation is necessary to plan a regime ...  Read Full »