Ssri

SSRI refers to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It is a class of drugs used to treat major depressive disorder and anxiety.

Please suggest a drug with less side effect than Paroxetine for treating social anxiety disorder.

Query: Hello doctor, I was affected by a social anxiety disorder. For the last two years, I first used Inderal for one year and then Paroxetine (SSRI) 20 mg for the second year. When I used SSRI for one year, my problem fully recovered, and later on, by doctors advise, I left the tablets. Now, 25 days pass...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are reporting a relapse of some social anxiety symptoms after discontinuation of Paroxetine SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) medication. Depending on the extent of your social anxiety symptoms, you have two options: 1) If anxiety is predominantly s...  Read Full »

Are Mirtazapine and Clonazepam good for anxiety and depression?

Query: Dear Doctor, I am suffering from anxiety, restlessness and taking Clonazepam 0.75mg & Mirtazapine 30mg daily. I had depression and panic attacks for the last 7 years relieved by Ativan 1mg and with open angle glaucoma. Need a second opinion.  Read Full »

Dr. Ananth S

Andrologist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depression, anxiety, restlessness and panic attacks are best respond to a combination of a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) and Benzodiazepines. Mirtazapine is not the most efficient ant depressant and it is not a true SSRI as fluoxetine, paroxetine, cit...  Read Full »

Can Ashwagandha and SSRI be taken together?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been interested in the herb Ashwagandha for a long time. I am a 42-year-old woman, slightly overweight, moderately active and have anxiety, depression, and fatigue. I took Ashwagandha for a month when I was off Prozac and it seemed to help with my anxiety. When I upped my dose,...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you mentioned, Ashwagandha has health benefits, especially in anxiety. If the herb root is available in raw powder form, then it could be 1 g or 1.5 g. If it is in the extract form, then the therapeutic dose must be 200 to 300 mg. More than that, it is going to cause...  Read Full »

What are the long term side effects of Dapoxetine?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I have a problem of premature ejaculation. I have read 30 mg Dapox is effective for treatment of premature ejaculation. Can I start with od dose of Dapox? And for how long should I continue the medicine? Are there any long term side effects of Dapox? Can I take Duralast...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At your age, it is unusual to have premature ejaculation (PME). PME is caused when intravaginal ejaculation time is less than a minute. And there is lack of satisfaction from coitus. Yes, Depox (Dapoxetine) is an effective drug for premature ejaculation (PME). To begin...  Read Full »

Does Paxil cause constipation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a twelve year old son, weighing 100 lbs. He was admitted to the hospital 12 days back for major depressive disorder (MDD), lack of sleep and having suicidal thoughts. He was prescribed Paxil 20 mg. I am concerned because he is exhibiting periods of low, melancholy moods and period...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your son's gastric problem after taking Paxil (Paroxetine), as it is a drug of SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) group which is known to cause constipation in children. I suggest to prevent constipation, after consultin...  Read Full »

Does Prozac insomnia go away?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a medical graduate having trouble in sleeping. My psychiatrist told it is a panic disorder. First she gave me Escitalopram 10 mg for which I got akathisia, severe irritability and sleeplessness got aggravated. She later changed it to Fludac 20 mg in the morning at 8 AM. I did not ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fluoxetine is known to cause significant insomnia in many patients as it is an activating drug. Even if it is taken early morning, it can still cause insomnia, particularly in the initial few days or weeks. My advice would be if you are doing well on Fluoxetine, apart ...  Read Full »

Can cervical spondylosis cause dizziness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering with severe dizziness. Please help.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In order to give you a better treatment plan, I would like to know few more details. Are you a male or female? What is your age? Since when are you suffering from dizziness? And how severe it is? Do you have any vertigo? Or any history of visual or sle...  Read Full »

I feel shock in my head on having Paxidep 12.5. Is this due to the side effect of the drug?

Query: Hello doctor,I am taking Paxidep 12.5 daily from last one and half year as prescribed by the doctor. It cures my uncontrolled thought and panic attacks. Now sometime I feel shocks in my head. I also want to know that, is there any side effect of this medicine after long time use?  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Paxidep-Cr 12.5 mg tablet is a medicine that belongs to the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) group. It is used for the treatment of depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, and other anxiety disorders. There are many side effects...  Read Full »

I suffer from depression inspite of having medications. Is this normal?

Query: Hello doctor,I have depression, I have had this some six to seven years, I have tried various medications, but to no avail, I am currently taking Mirtazapine, but it is not helping, I spend a lot of time in my world, I create scenarios where I am a different person living a life the complete opposit...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long have you been taking Mirtazapine 15 mg? It usually takes about four weeks to see any benefits. If there are no side effects, your doctor can consider increasing the dose further to 30 mg once daily. You need to be closely monitored by your doctor while titra...  Read Full »

How can post-SSRI sexual dysfunction (PSSD) be cured?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male, and I took Lexapro for two months when I was 20 years old. And then quit abruptly, because every time I would sleep for a very long time without dreaming, and also wake up feeling bad. It has been three years now, and my sexual functioning and libido have gone...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your symptoms and side effects of the medications. The symptoms you mentioned above are showing that you are suffering from dysthymia and moderate depression. Depression itself is a cause of poor sexual drive. Lexapro that is Esc...  Read Full »