Ssri

SSRI refers to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It is a class of drugs used to treat major depressive disorder and anxiety.

Please suggest some ways to get cured of OCD, especially trichotillomania.

Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to know how to cure an OCD specifically Trichotillomania? Other than seeing a psychologist, are there any way of treatment?  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern about treating obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) without visiting a psychologist. First of all, I like to inform you that treatment of OCD depends on the severity of OCD. If you have severe or very severe OCD, then the t...  Read Full »

How can premature ejaculation be treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old and healthier than a horse, but I cannot last longer than one minute with my girlfriend and want it to change. Last night was the second time it had happened, and I am getting frustrated.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, it appears that you are suffering from premature ejaculation, which is one of the common sexual problems among young individuals. Premature ejaculation can be treated or controlled with the...  Read Full »

Why do I have early ejection within two minutes of sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I have sex-related questions. I always get ejection before two minutes of sex. I want to know a solution to that problem.   Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. From the description, it appears that you are suffering from premature ejaculation. You have ejaculation before the level of satisfaction. It is very common to have premature ejaculation nowadays and it often affects young individuals. Premature...  Read Full »

Do I have delusion disorder or paranoid schizophrenia?

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to know whether my disease is delusion disorder or paranoid schizophrenia. I have been taking Risperidone 2 mg for 16 years, Escitalopram 10 mg for 7 years and for hypertension Met XL 25 mg for 5 years. My cholesterol levels are normal. I am a pure vegetarian. I do not smoke....  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasan Vazhoor Ramsingh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your mental state, but at the same time I do appreciate you for being on regular medicines. However, even though your question is very direct, I am sorry to say that I cannot give you a straight forward answer or diagnosis. First and most impor...  Read Full »

Can Loratadine help to resolve delayed ejaculation caused due to SSRI?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28-year-old male. I read an article in which Loratadine has been used to treat delayed ejaculation caused by SSRI was given. I have delayed ejaculation caused due to Escitalopram 20 mg (taken for Obsessive-compulsive disorder). I would like to know the mechanism of action of Lorat...  Read Full »

Dr. Yousef Abbas

Andrologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can continue taking SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) as prescribed by your doctor. I understand your situation that it is not pleasant to have delayed or no ejaculation due to SSRI. But on the other hand, imagine all the paralyzed men or those men who d...  Read Full »

How to prevent serotonin syndrome while taking antidepressants?

Query: Hi doctor, I am under treatment for OCD and anxiety symptoms. I have had very hard months with extreme anxiety, panic attacks and depersonalization. Now, I am on Duloxetine 60 mg (will stop in the next 7 weeks), Paroxetine 20 mg (will be reduced in the following weeks), Clomipramine hydrochloride...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is always a possibility of serotonin syndrome when two or more serotonergic antidepressants are being used. However, Clomipramine and an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) like Paroxetine are frequently used together in resistant OCD (obsessive-compulsive...  Read Full »

How to improve concentration in studies?

Query: Hi doctor, My 14 year old son cannot concentrate on studies and struggling in school. He is nervous and shaky, especially in school. He scored 65% overall and 85% in his favorite subjects. He reads a lot of story books. We went to a psychiatrist last year and he said that my son is suffering from a...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Considering his age, there are many possible reasons that could cause similar presentation. You have mentioned that he is performing well in some subjects, but poor in another. So, there is a possibility of a specific learning disorder. But,...  Read Full »

How long does it take to become normal after a panic attack?

Query: Hi doctor,Last night, I had a bad panic attack with shortness of breath, shaking, heart racing and chest pains. Today, I have chest soreness and discomfort. Is this normal? When will it stop? I have anxiety and I am prone to anxiety attacks, but none with chest pain. I am on regular Zoloft 75 mg.  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fast heart rate (palpitations), chest pain or heaviness and breathing difficulty are all observed during a panic attack. These are classical symptoms of panic disorder. Sertraline is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor given in panic attacks. A panic attack may take ...  Read Full »

Why am I always obsessed with sexual thoughts and anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from OCD, specifically ROCD. I feel anxious all the time, and I have a thought of being with my partner always. Moreover, when I see a woman, I am attracted easily and thinking about her consequently. I feel the urge to tell my partner about it. In my past, I wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand that you are feeling challenged by these OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) symptoms. By nature, OCD tends to wax and wane in response to life's stressors. OCD can be managed by a combination of medication, CBT (cognitive behavior therapy), and lif...  Read Full »

How to come out of anxiety, stress, and forgetfulness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from severe anxiety and heart attack like debilitating panic attacks when presented with work deadlines, enclosed spaces such as subways, elevators and small airplanes. I have relationship fears. Nothing in my life provides me joy or relieves me of my symptoms. I had the s...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the available description, it is almost clear that you are having depression along with claustrophobia (fear of confined spaces). It is obvious that you are not enjoying anything, fallen down to social ladder, feel distressed, loss of pleasure in almost all activiti...  Read Full »

Starting @ just €19.99