Ssri

SSRI refers to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It is a class of drugs used to treat major depressive disorder and anxiety.

How to come out of anxiety, stress, and forgetfulness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from severe anxiety and heart attack like debilitating panic attacks when presented with work deadlines, enclosed spaces such as subways, elevators and small airplanes. I have relationship fears.¬†Nothing in my life provides me joy or relieves me of my symptoms. I had the s...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the available description, it is almost clear that you are having depression along with claustrophobia¬†(fear of confined spaces). It is obvious that you are not enjoying anything, fallen down to social ladder, feel distressed, loss of pleasure in almost all activiti...  Read Full »

How to overcome social anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I searched the symptoms of social anxiety online and I think I have it. I am a student and it has been affecting my daily life, especially my school life. I struggle to have new friends and do tasks that require social interaction like class presentations. I tried changing my behavior, t...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello. Thank you for your query This is very common and about 10-15 percent of people have this problem. It is also very easily treatable. You will need to visit a psychiatrist and he will prescribe you SSRI type of medicines (such as escitalopram 10mg, or fluoxetine 20mg etc.) which will help with...  Read Full »

Please suggest the best medicine for my psychological disorders.

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to ask you about treatment recommendations (maybe a few variations) for my condition. I have bipolar disorder type II, social and generalized disorder, and panic disorder. However, I am in constant depression for one year. I do not cycle anymore if I do, my hypomania is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your detailed query and history. With regards to your anxiety symptoms, you have tried out SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) and SNRI (serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor) class of medications. So, I would like to suggest you try a...  Read Full »

Why does my pupil move to the corner of the eyes when I try to focus in class?

Query: When I sit in class and try to focus in class , my pupils moves at corner of eyes involuntary my eyes . If try to focus to the blackboard i feel strain in my brain and feel difficulty in breathing. I am having this problem from last year. This arise when anybody is sitting around me. I used watch...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, what you have is called as stress induced nystagmus, the involuntary movement of the eyeballs when u feel conscious of people around you. It happens due to reduced levels of some neurotransmitters such as serotonin which reduce the stress handling capacity of the brain. medicines will have t...  Read Full »

SSRI is not helping with my bipolar disorder and panic attacks. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have bipolar disorder, panic attacks, social and generalized anxiety disorder. I have one to three panic attacks per day, constant anxiety, and fear of leaving the house. No motivation to work, no energy, apathetic, without mood. Right now I am in a depressive episode. I previousl...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your anxiety is not responsive to SSRI's (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors), then you should consider trying TCA (tricyclic antidepressants) class of antidepressants. They will help with your anxiety and panic attacks. Apart from Tranxene and Benzodiazepin...  Read Full »

Is there any pharmacological substitute for Duloxetine?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 53 years old, nondiabetic. She is hypertensive (150-100) and having all over body pain, fatigue and morning stiffness. We consulted a neurologist and she was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. She was going about daily activities by using painkiller every day (Innova-MR, Diclo...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your concern, I would explain that morning stiffness is not a typical sign of fibromyalgia, but it could indicate a rheumatological disorder. Coming to this point, considering her slightly elevated erythrosedimentation, I would recommend performing other...  Read Full »

My uncle has schizophrenia. Will I get the same genetically?

Query: Hello doctor, These past few days I have been bad as I have focused back on my schizophrenia obsession. It mainly focuses on times I have been paranoid, or times I have visualized things as something else. Examples: when slacking off at work thinking, what if there are cameras in the office or inte...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for such a detailed history. It makes things very clear. I will sum up the main clinching reason why you do not have schizophrenia. You have insight. Means you know what is wrong with you and you can attribute a reasonable logical cause to this and know wh...  Read Full »

How to become more energetic and active?

Query: Hi doctor, I am taking Stalopam 10 bd, Fludac 20 od and Alprax 0.5 od for anxiety and depression. I feel sleepy in daytime and frequent yawning. I feel fatigue and no energy or activeness. I am also on Olmesartan for high BP; Harty and Mactor EZ for high cholesterol levels. Kindly suggest some medic...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. You are suffering from anxiety and depressive disorder and are on 20 mg Escitalopram and 20 mg Fluoxetine per day. Both these drugs are SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) and in my opinion there is no use in taking two SSRI drugs...  Read Full »

How to deal with panic attack with some associated symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been getting panic attacks very frequently. It comes with shortness of breath, my chest feels tight and painful, and an emotional breakdown. I often feel dizzy, light head and like I have no control over my body. This has been happening for four days now and yesterday I had...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many times, anxiety and depression coexist and it leads to the symptoms you have been experiencing. Moreover, the body heals in sleep and that is also disturbed for you, so that is not allowing you to recover. This basically happens due to a deficiency of a neurotran...  Read Full »

How to cope up with depressive thoughts caused after TB diagnosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old female. I weigh about 52 kg. So from the last one year, right after my graduation, I am at home as I was diagnosed with TB. So being at home I feel depressed. My mood changes every minute. My behavior from the last six months is irritating and arrogant. The people a...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your description and symptoms are typical of major depressive disorder. This happens very commonly, one in four women can have this at any point in their life. Due to any prolonged stresses, sometimes the stress handling capacity of the brain gets reduced due to the ...  Read Full »