Ssri

SSRI refers to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It is a class of drugs used to treat major depressive disorder and anxiety.

How to improve concentration in studies?

Query: Hi doctor, My 14 year old son cannot concentrate on studies and struggling in school. He is nervous and shaky, especially in school. He scored 65% overall and 85% in his favorite subjects. He reads a lot of story books. We went to a psychiatrist last year and he said that my son is suffering from a...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Considering his age, there are many possible reasons that could cause similar presentation. You have mentioned that he is performing well in some subjects, but poor in another. So, there is a possibility of a specific learning disorder. But,...  Read Full »

How long does it take to become normal after a panic attack?

Query: Hi doctor,Last night, I had a bad panic attack with shortness of breath, shaking, heart racing and chest pains. Today, I have chest soreness and discomfort. Is this normal? When will it stop? I have anxiety and I am prone to anxiety attacks, but none with chest pain. I am on regular Zoloft 75 mg.  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fast heart rate (palpitations), chest pain or heaviness and breathing difficulty are all observed during a panic attack. These are classical symptoms of panic disorder. Sertraline is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor given in panic attacks. A panic attack may take ...  Read Full »

Why am I always obsessed with sexual thoughts and anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from OCD, specifically ROCD. I feel anxious all the time, and I have a thought of being with my partner always. Moreover, when I see a woman, I am attracted easily and thinking about her consequently. I feel the urge to tell my partner about it. In my past, I wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand that you are feeling challenged by these OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) symptoms. By nature, OCD tends to wax and wane in response to life's stressors. OCD can be managed by a combination of medication, CBT (cognitive behavior therapy), and lif...  Read Full »

How to come out of anxiety, stress, and forgetfulness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from severe anxiety and heart attack like debilitating panic attacks when presented with work deadlines, enclosed spaces such as subways, elevators and small airplanes. I have relationship fears.¬†Nothing in my life provides me joy or relieves me of my symptoms. I had the s...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the available description, it is almost clear that you are having depression along with claustrophobia¬†(fear of confined spaces). It is obvious that you are not enjoying anything, fallen down to social ladder, feel distressed, loss of pleasure in almost all activiti...  Read Full »

Why do I have the feelings of being judged?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old unmarried male. I have become extremely self-conscious and unproductive during the past one year. I do not feel sad, but I feel that I am not good enough. I have become reclusive and feel stupid. Initially, I was a very shy child. Then I become more confident and could ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Feelings of being judged, self-consciousness, lack of confidence, etc., are the symptoms seen in depression. These symptoms are also seen commonly in social anxiety. SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) like Escitalopram, Fluoxetine, etc., can help to reduce ...  Read Full »

I feel panic to face people in public. Is it fine to take Inderal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting panic to face people. I want to overcome it as it makes me sad. I am a teacher and this frustrates me when I have to say something in front of pupils. When I am in class I do not have a problem. But for example, when all the students gathered in the yard I used to avoid speak...  Read Full »

Answer: HI, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms and details you have mentioned clearly suggest social anxiety disorder. In social situations like speaking in front of a gathering, talking to someone of high reputation, speaking with opposite sex individuals develop anxiety symptoms like redness of fac...  Read Full »

Is my premature ejaculation a side effect of Lexapro?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing premature ejaculation ever since I stopped using Lexapro (Escitalopram). I am very worried about this as it is damaging my sex life and in turn my self-esteem and was wondering if this is a temporary side affect of stoping Lexapro and if so how long does it last?  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation. But sexual side effects related to tablet Lexapro are decreased libido or delayed orgasm or erectile dysfunction. I would like to say that actually some of SSRI (Fluoxetine) group of medication are used as a treatment of premature eja...  Read Full »

My face becomes red when I talk to someone. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 21 years old and I have always been a shy person. When I was younger I used to sweat a lot because of it and I could barely speak with anyone. As I got older, I became more and more sociable, now I have got friends, I am getting along with everyone at work and I am feeling quite go...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problems you have mentioned like the history of shyness, palpitations and flushing of the face on talking with any new person, etc., are occurring most likely due to anxiety. This could be due to social anxiety. You are facing these problems in day to day routine...  Read Full »

Please suggest a cure for problems related to GERD and gastritis with sleep disturbances.

Query: Symptoms: THE FOLLOWING ARE OBSERVED SINCE LAST 4-5 months Age:54 years,Weight:62.3 Kg,Height:158 CM 1. Anorexia- loss of appetite 2. Dyspepsia-difficulty in swelling during taking food/water 3. Eruptation at any time mainly after taking food. 4. Acid Burn-Presence of Mucin outcome 5. Presen...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: I have studied all the reports you have sent to me. Important things are : 1. Pangastritis 2. Solitary Rectal Ulcer. 3. Anemia. Since she has persistent problems related to the GERD and Gastritis , this can aonly be resolved with drugs she is taking like pantoprazole. I recommend a combinatipn of Pa...  Read Full »

Can Cymbalta be used for symptoms of OCD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old man. I have been experiencing panic disorder, OCD symptoms and excessive levels of anxiety. In the last few months, major changes in my life have happened. For instance; quitting my job and moving to another city triggered my anxiety symptoms. I usually feel drowned in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for describing your query in detail. To start with, you might be absolutely right in saying that the current increase in your anxiety and associated feelings could be secondary to the change of place. Change of residence and workplace is always an anxiety-provok...  Read Full »