Ssri

SSRI refers to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It is a class of drugs used to treat major depressive disorder and anxiety.

Please suggest medicine to lessen sudden mood swings and control anger.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27-year-old female with a weight of 82 kilograms. I want to know whether I am mentally ill. I get angry even for tiny things. I feel annoyed. I easily burst like a volcano. My hands become trembled when I become anxious. There are times where I feel that I know everything, and I...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the information provided here, there is no evidence of any severe mental health disorder. You have mentioned that your uncle has schizophrenia. Your symptoms do not indicate schizophrenia. You seem to have emotional problems. You have problems with anger ma...  Read Full »

How to overcome social anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I searched the symptoms of social anxiety online, and I think I have it. I am a student, and it has been affecting my daily life, especially my school life. I struggle to have new friends and do tasks that require social interaction, like class presentations. I tried changing my behavior...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. This is very common, and about 10 to 15 percent of people have this problem. It is also very easily treatable. You will need to visit a psychiatrist, and he will prescribe you SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) type of medicines ...  Read Full »

Why does my pupil move to the corner of the eyes when I try to focus in class?

Query: Hi doctor, My pupil moves involuntarily towards the corner of my eyes when I sit in class and while trying to focus on my class. When I try to focus on the blackboard, I have strain in my brain and I have difficulty in breathing. I am having this issue for a year. This happens even when anyone si...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.This is called stress-induced nystagmus. There is an involuntary movement of eyeballs when you fall conscious of people around you. It happens due to reduced levels of neurotransmitters such as serotonin. It helps in reducing the stress-handling capacity of the brain. You c...  Read Full »

Please suggest the best medicine for my psychological disorders.

Query: Hi doctor,I would like to know some treatment recommendations for my condition. I have bipolar disorder type II, social and generalized disorder, and panic disorder. I am having depression for a year. My hypomania is very mild and short-lived. I am afraid to get out of my home due to my constant anx...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your anxiety symptoms, you have tried taking SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) and SNRI (serotonin-norephedrine reuptake inhibitor) class of medications. I suggest you try taking TCA (tricyclic antidepressants) class of antidepressants like Ami...  Read Full »

Will medications along with CBT help cure my social anxiety permanently?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 20-year-old male. I have problems with physical symptoms of social anxiety (mainly sweating, trembling, cold hands, and a lump in the throat).My questions are:1. Would psychopharmacological treatments, such as SSRIs and Beta-Blockers, be effective in treating these symptoms?2. Do...  Read Full »

Dr. Anantha Kalyan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns regarding your health, Before answering your question, I just want to know whether the psychiatrist diagnosed you with social anxiety? Anxiety symptoms belong to a very broad spectrum in which other conditions also have anxiety symptoms. I ...  Read Full »

I scream a lot while having panic attacks with anxiety. Please suggest.

Query: Hi doctor, I am not sure if I should be doing this, but I am worried. I really want to die. I have always considered it, but I have goals like seeing my books published. But, for the past few months, I have cared less for the books and more for how to die. I am trapped in school to study engineering...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms suggest some adjustment issues related to ongoing problems. These issues are resulting in the lack of pleasure and thus deteriorating the depression. The symptoms like a wish to die, inability to find pleasure in anything, feeling weak and tired, panic sympto...  Read Full »

How can premature ejaculation be treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old and healthier than a horse, but I cannot last longer than one minute with my girlfriend and want it to change. Last night was the second time it had happened, and I am getting frustrated.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, it appears that you are suffering from premature ejaculation, which is one of the common sexual problems among young individuals. Premature ejaculation can be treated or controlled with the...  Read Full »

Please suggest some ways to get cured of OCD, especially trichotillomania.

Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to know how to cure an OCD specifically Trichotillomania? Other than seeing a psychologist, are there any way of treatment?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern about treating obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) without visiting a psychologist. First of all, I like to inform you that treatment of OCD depends on the severity of OCD. If you have severe or very severe OCD, then the t...  Read Full »

Why do I have early ejection within two minutes of sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I have sex-related questions. I always get ejection before two minutes of sex. I want to know a solution to that problem.   Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. From the description, it appears that you are suffering from premature ejaculation. You have ejaculation before the level of satisfaction. It is very common to have premature ejaculation nowadays and it often affects young individuals. Premature...  Read Full »

Do I have delusion disorder or paranoid schizophrenia?

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to know whether my disease is delusion disorder or paranoid schizophrenia. I have been taking Risperidone 2 mg for 16 years, Escitalopram 10 mg for 7 years and for hypertension Met XL 25 mg for 5 years. My cholesterol levels are normal. I am a pure vegetarian. I do not smoke....  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasan Vazhoor Ramsingh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your mental state, but at the same time I do appreciate you for being on regular medicines. However, even though your question is very direct, I am sorry to say that I cannot give you a straight forward answer or diagnosis. First and most impor...  Read Full »