Q. My dad lost consciousness and a liquid oozed from his mouth. What could it be?

Dr. Muhammad Majid Hanif

Yesterday, my 70 year old father woke up at about 8 AM. He was sitting on the sofa. Just after a minute, he started losing his consciousness and was trying to speak, but was unable to do so. His body and hands started twisting. Some liquid started coming from his mouth. We immediately took him to a hospital and his life was saved. The query is what was this that happened? He is having a high blood pressure problem from the last 15 years.

#

• I have reviewed your health query and want to add that such a pass out episode can be due to hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels), low or very high blood pressures, heart-related issues like heart attack, etc. There is a diverse range of events that can be responsible for such kind of issues.
  • We need to investigate thoroughly if there is anything related to the reasons I mentioned:
  1. For that, a cardiologist must have a thorough evaluation of his heart and his blood pressure status.
  2. An endocrinologist should see if he is having any pathology of the thyroid or diabetes.
  3. I would also recommend a consultation with a neurologist to see the status of the brain.
  • Once ruled out, we can say for sure what the cause behind this episode was.

Hope it helps. Please feel free to ask more if you need further assistance. Regards.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|